The Portastudio Rap

Understood;) Your post explains alot. And helps me gain more perspective and grow as a person. Reaper on a chip :LOL: Fair enough;)

The next time I'm tempted to even mention this subject matter I'll make sure to have a fully functional commercially available, dedicated copy of Reaper in dedicated hardware:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Cheetrs!

For the user's musicians, songwriters, producers, etc that use these "Stand-alone" Hardware devices with complete hardware editing and slip editing, and piano-roll editing, and touch screen editing, etc. They would vehemently disagree with you.:LOL:

Replying to this is against my better judgement (and the intervening time should indicate just how busy I am), but with the exception of the R20, these appear to be instruments, not recorders. I can edit MIDI on my 2013 Korg MICROSTATION, but that doesn't make it an "editor" really. Also, those instruments are going to be recorded in a DAW. So if you want to do editing, do you go back to the instrument, edit and re-record, or do you edit in the DAW?

Are movies being edited on hardware stations? I use Davinci Resolve and there are some cool tools you can get for it such as the keyboard for it. I stand by my statement that control surfaces and software are where the future lies. As much as I hate to admit it, someday my beloved audio consoles will be gone and replaced by surfaces that manipulate the software, "ITB" as it were.

The next time I'm tempted to even mention this subject matter I'll make sure to have a fully functional commercially available, dedicated copy of Reaper in dedicated hardware:LOL::LOL::LOL:

lol. I have that already in a dedicated Windows 10 PC installed in my studio with a RedNet PCI-e Dante card.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.