This machine hates me

Scott Baker

Gear owned
None yet
I have tried every method I know to make this machine react to MMC/MTC/SMPTE, handsignals. It just sits there. This is a stock motherboard Gen I unit. The manual on this machine leave a bit to be desired and is of not much help and I am out of ideas on this. Anyone else run into this issue? I put this in place of a Mackie HDR with all of the same hookups. The HDR generates MTC and SMPTE, I can't tell if this unit will or not in terms of MTC and MMC. When that didn't work I took the 1/4 out of the Mackie HDR and had it spit out SMPTE to the 1/4 inch in on the X48, chase button lit, nothing happening. Tried it at -10 and +4 balance cables, unbalanced cables. Nothing. Tried every setting under the sun in the sync, prefs, and transport pages... nothing.

Tell me I am missing something silly.

Hello, I happened to synchronize it with a tascam 38 and had no worries. can you send me the settings you made to synchronize it? I will help you to solve your problem. excuse my english but I am french and go through a translator ..

Well here I am almost a couple of years later. I had set the X48 aside for a bit and when I got back around to messing with it, the power supply had gone bad. I put in a new power supply and and got to where I was before, no MTC or SMPTE. After I got to looking around the service manual, I noticed a 10 pin ribbon cable that was plugged in a different location than on my machine. I believe the previous owner had plugged this in the wrong slot before I became the owner. I moved the 10 pin connection to where it should be and bang, MTC control.

Reactions: -mjk-
Wow Scott, lucky the previous owner didn't blow something up!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.