Time Remaining

Andy-440

From
UK
Gear owned
DP-24SD
I've just put a new 32gb card into my DP24 and it now tells me that I have 100:05 remaining. Is that 100 minutes or hours? Seems a daft question I know, I assume it means 100 hours, but I can't find the answer in the manual or anywhere else and I'd like to know for sure.

Thanks

Andy

Reactions: -mjk-
Hi Andy -

Try the search function: enter "time remaining" - and then choose this forum from the forum list. You are certain to get several search hits that will help you understand this issue.;):)

Thanks for the reply David. "It's minutes" or "It's hours" would have been shorter and a lot more helpful, but I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I tried the search but didn't get an exact answer.

It's hours:minutes (100:05) but I think what David was trying to point you towards is that it has little relevance to how much recording time actually exists/remains.

For example, on my current 32GB card, I have 31 songs using about 11GB, with about 18GB remaining. The songs average out to about 3 minutes each (say it's about 90 minutes total).

The Multi-track screen upper right corner indicates 62:00 hours remaining.

But arming one track to record drops that down to 06:45.

So, how much "time" is actually available? It's a SWAG.

Some folks at various times have popped in a newly formatted card, saw a huge number of hours, pressed record, walked up on the stage or started a rehearsal, and then wondered why their entire performance got truncated when there was "plenty of time" on the card to record the whole thing.;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply David. "It's minutes" or "It's hours" would have been shorter and a lot more helpful, but I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I tried the search but didn't get an exact answer.

Hi Andy. Sorry it sounds if we're being rude, that's not the case. But right in the first page of the listing of all the topics in this forum, is a topic asking how many songs will fit on an SD card. We've all done that. This particular topic has recently been hashed around.

I know I speak for the entire forum when I say welcome! We are glad to have you with us.

Mark, that's an excellent point. I see what the display says, and I understand it. But I do not believe it. Lol

If you really need to know how much time is remaining, and also require visual confirmation, I recommend one of these.

Attachments

• 360_5020b4d933e0f7378b8b15301af7bf7b.jpg
    360_5020b4d933e0f7378b8b15301af7bf7b.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 7
Thank you for the link Arjan.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.