Time resetting back to 0:00

Adam L.

Gear owned
TASCAM 32SD
Hello all. I have a DP-32'SD. I didn't see a section for it on this forum so I'm posting this here. I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but I'm at my wit's end here.

I've had this unit for about 5 months now and it's doing something that's driving me CRAZY.

I'll hit record on it and most times and works and the recording comes out great. Sounds great. No problems.

Sometimes (and it's getting worse) I'll hit record (and watch it start counting). I'll walk over to the unit, thinking of what a great take a I just got, only to see that it's sitting at 0:00, as if I'd never hit record.

I don't have a footswitch and I'm not doing I'm anything that I would consider stressful for the unit. Does anyone know why this would be happening? It's starting to drive me crazy. I'm thinking about calling TASCAM support about this.

Thanks in advance,

Adam L.

(first - let me just say that you are in the correct forum)

So have you eye-witnessed the machine in real time stop cold turkey in the middle of a recording take and reset to zero? Or it's only happened while you concentrating on performance and not looking directly at the machine. Seems to me some testing may be in order to troubleshoot. As in... sit there with it and watch it to see when/where it happens.

Haven't heard of this problem before.

Thanks for your reply. I do plan to test the unit more when I have the time. I just didn't know if it was a known issue.

I DO know that I had witnessed myself a few time prior and thought, well maybe I just hit play...

My Dad and I were recording something super important that night, so after I hit record/play button, I watched it for a good 10 seconds - we jam for 10 or 15 minutes. I look back down at the machine, and it's done the SAME thing - and no, it's not something stupid like me having a 256 MB sdcard in it.

It's also worked before. I've recorded LONG sessions on it several times.

Adam

Hi Adam, how full is the card? Menu/Info should tell you. If there's plenty of space, maybe the card is starting to play up - have you got another to try? If not, maybe worth re-formatting? Have you got the latest firmware? Are any buttons lit up on the right-hand side?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.