Time Shifting a Track on DP-24SD?

SocProf

Gear owned
DP-24SD
Is it possible to shift a track in relation to the others? I tried cutting a fraction of a second from the beginning of the track, put it gave me an error message, "I/O Too Short."

I'm trying to compensate for the latency of some of my digital gear, especially the software synths. I suppose I can train myself to play slightly ahead of the beat. Otherwise, I can load everything into Audacity, shift whatever tracks need shifting, and then send it back to the DP-24SD--but that's a bit of a nuisance.

A section of a track must be more than 4 secs... but I'm pretty sure you can copy/paste or move/paste the whole track to another track, and set the destination start time (the TO point) to anything you like... which means you could shift as little as approx 3ms.

You can Move/Paste the track to another track. You can also Move/Paste the track itself as long as the In/Out points are at least 4 seconds apart.

The easiest way to do what you want is to use the start and end points of the song.

To Move/Paste, set your In/Out points, set the position marker to the desired new location, and you can precisely move the entire track to within 1ms, maybe less if you have a very steady hand.

Copy/Paste to another track preserves the original, and works the same way. It can also create some interesting special affects if the two tracks are panned full left and full right.

Your experimenting can always be undone easily (I always keep the undo level at the max setting).

Last edited:
Thanks, Phil and Mark. I'll try the copy/paste method.

New threads

Members online