Transport keys not working on Tascam FW-1884

Mort

Gear owned
Tascam FW-1884 and FE-8
I've had my TASCAM FW-1884 up and working for a couple years now. Just yesterday it developed a new issue I've not been able to fix. The transport related keys don't work. I'm using Cubase Essential 5.1 and the transport keys and recording function in Cubase all still work, so I can still use the FW-1884 minus the transport keys. But not having the FW-1884's transport keys lets you know how much faster operations go using them and I want them back!

I'm using Windows Media Center Edition and I have been warned that it was never supported by Tascam. That said, it has generally worked fine except for the occasional hick-ups that un-maps tracks or flips settings that I have to search out and reset. A common one is when it switches from the FW-1884 setting to the ASIO setting in Devices. However, this time I've searched and searched and I can't find the problem.

Anyone had this issue before?

I finally figured this out. Here is what I did:

1. In Cubase, under Device Setup, click the ‘+’ tab then the Remote Devices tab which should reveal the settings. Select ‘Mackie Control’.

2. After doing the above, click on Mackie Control. On the page is shown ‘Midi Input’ and ‘Midi Output’ selection windows. Click the ‘FW1884 Control’ setting. This gave me back my transport controls. Whew! That took me a few days to figure out!

New threads

Staff online

Members online