Trying to get my voice to output L&R thru USB into my computer

panicBoy

Gear owned
Model 16
I've seen a few threads that get close to my issue, but I want to explain my particular situation further. I just got a Model 16 to replace my Xenyx that started crackling outta nowhere. I love Tascam stuff and thought this would be a slam dunk. I'm a musician, composer, voice artist and podcaster, so this board is the cornerstone of my home studio setup. I live in New Hampshire, and I use a service called Cast (tryca.st) to record with my partner for our podcast (The Kirchenbauer Haffenhauer, available everywhere PLUG PLUG PLUG).

Here's my problem. My old Xenyx board had USB output, but only as a stereo main mix. I got the 16 because of the huge multi-channel interface capabilities, which I'd never had before. I plugged the USB into my laptop and my mic into channel 1, and my mic would output to L&R, and would respond to live panning. With the Model 16, I setup in exactly the same way as before, but on playback, my mic is only in one stereo channel. I can of course fix the recording in Audacity, but is there an easier fix in the board?

I apologize if versions of this question have been asked a million times before, but I really want to keep this board without making my workflow even longer.

You can either change your input to the Master track (23/24) or change to a mono input of just track 1. Note: if you use the Master track you will be recording the EQ and balance and volume of the signal chain.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.