Two US-20x20

Lania

From
The Netherlands
Website
www.laniamusic.com
Gear owned
Tascam US-20x20
I have a iMac which is able to use more than one audio interfaces. Until now, I used one US-20x20, a Yamaha MX49 and a Roland Gaia SH-01 together. Those two keyboards have their own audio interfaces which are detected by the iMac. I decided to add a US-20x20. The big issue is that the iMac does not distinguish the one or the other. It only detects one device. That was to expect actually but does any one know if there is something to do in the settings of the iMac to allow it to see that those are two different audio interfaces even if they are exactly the same?

As a second solution, I tried to connect the second US-20x20 one an optical cable but it does not work either. Maybe because they are the same units? I use another optical device which allows me do add 8 analog line ins. It works fine with the US-20x20 (but it generates some hiss sound which I don't like at all).

The third solution is to use the second unit as mixer and that's not a problem for me. It's just a little less elegant as I work with Logic Pro X.

I wonder if the first situation (two same audio interfaces) is possible to configure.

Thanks in advance for the one with an answer!

Regards,

Lania

Little update after a Popey evening meal: the second solution works fine now. I found a way to change the settings on the second unit. Things are just as they were before I replaced my old optical device. But now I have no annoying hiss!!! :)

The first solution is still the one I'd like to be able to do: two US-20x20.

I should have done this search before buying the second US-20x20...
Apparently since both of them have similar digital thumb prints my computer won’t be able to distinguish the devices as separate devices. The two things to do is to buy another brand audio interface (with similar performances as the US-20x20) or to ask Tascam to reprogram one of my US-20x20.
I love my Tascam twins! I will contact Tascam and ask if it's possible to program one of them so that it can be detected as another device.

According to Tascam, Mac OS won't be able to manage a second "big" audio interface as aggregate device. I'll only use the 8 optical inputs which works great. So this is apparently the conclusion!

IMG_6493.JPG

Reactions: Diogo Patto
Confirmed: just for the test I connected a 8 channels audio interface to the iMac together with the US-20x20 and it does not work. The computer detects them but cannot use them as aggregated devices.
Well, I'll just use a second computer! ;)

New threads

Members online