Updating Firmware

Puckett

Gear owned
DP 24
Is it possible to use my Android phone to update the firmware on my DP-24?

Welcome to the forum puckett. To update the firmware, you need to copy a file from Tascam's website to the sd-card, then turn on the machine in a special way. You can copy the file using any method you like, via a USB link or by physically plugging the sd-card into any device which can write to it. So if your Android phone has either of these features, then yes.

Thanks Phil! I was planning to use a USB cable to link my phone directly to the DP-24

I can't guarantee it will work - you'll just have to try it. If the phone detects the dp24's card as an external storage device - like a memory stick - then you're in with a chance. Instructions for upgrading are on Tascam's website... or in my step-by-step guide - sorry, unashamed plug ;) ... along with the firmware itself, so it will tell you where to copy the file. Once you've done this, make sure you un-mount the card from Android before disabling the link from the dp24 end. Good luck.

Using an OTG connector should work. But, the firmware file is zipped, so you'll need to unzip it first.

New threads

Members online