Upgrading Tascam US-1641 to US-16x08

andrewnelles

Gear owned
Tascam US-1641
I've been using a Tascam US-1641 for a number of years now, and have been quite happy with it. However, after upgrading to OSX 10.12, it's now useless as Tascam isn't updating the drivers it seems. I could change back to an earlier OS, but I'm thinking it's time to sell and upgrade.

I've been looking at the newer Tascam US-16x08, since it would be a pretty seamless swap, and I wouldn't need to rethink my patchbay, but one thing stood out to me. They seem to have eliminated the knob that blends Input/Computer into the monitor/headphone feed. Do they have this option on the software side of things now? Or is there another way of doing the same thing? That's really my only concern, since I was a fan of that blend knob.

I'm open to suggestions of alternate units, but the Tascam seems to be the only item in my budget range that fits my requirement of a minimum of 8 Mic Pre and 4 Line Inputs. Presonus and Focusrite both seem to have nicer units, but they require external units to get that many inputs, which then exceeds my budget. I realize the Tascam isn't the best thing out there, but the Us-1641 kept me happy for years.

Thanks for any input.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.