US-122mkII driver problem

coconutz

Gear owned
US-122mkII
Hello!

I am using Windows 10 Home, and US-122mkII.
All was working fine, until couple of days ago. I couldn't get any sound out from the interface, so I went to Device Manager, and found a !-sign on top of US-122mkII... and it was there two times, listed under 'other devices'. I tried to fix the error, but Windows couldn't do anything. I tried to install it again directly from the Device Manager, but Windows said that there was an error. So only was to download the latest driver from Tascam page, and then installed it manually. After PC rebooted to finish the installation, and the interface was working again well.
But then, like in every evening, I closed my PC, and in the next day started Windows again, clicked the interface in to USB port, and BLAM! the same problem again! There was a pop-up window while connecting the port, saying 'installing the driver'... but in Device Manager it's like I told earlier. Very frustrating!!!
What can I do to fix this problem? I don't like to install the driver every day again & again & again...

Because there was no help, not even from Tascam support (wrote them 2 times), I unistalled Windows 10 and installed Windows 7, as it was the system which came with my laptop.

Now I have still problem with this same interface. When I am playing music or watching video in internet, sometimes the media player stops. Only way to start it again, is to unplug the interface and then to plug it again. This happens daily about 3-5 times - so really not an ideal way. I have installed the driver again, but this doesn't fix this bug. I have used the latest driver found from Tascam website.

In Windows Device Manager I see a note on Midi Device - I check that, it says 'driver not installed'... I try to fix it, but Windows doesn't fix the problem. Not sure if that Midi Device problem is connected to that media player problem...

Any ideas?

anyone not having the same problem? my media players are stopping at least once every 20 mins (or less)... I've contacted to Tascam UK support 4 times, but they are not answering at all. What kind of support is that??? They are doing their job.

Hi coconutz,

I had a similar problem yesterday. I also have windows 10 home.
First I uninstalled all my previous drivers (and uninstalled it in device manager).
Than I installed 2 drivers and a firmware update. This did the trick for me.

Problem with the some of the drivers is that they are no longer compatible with Windows 10. But there is a solution for this.

Install old drivers procedure

2) In Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features choose Run Programs Made for Previous Versions of Windows. It will open Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. Click Next.

3) Your US-122 driver will not be listed there, so choose Not Listed and browse for it your downloads folder. You need the .exe file - in my case it did not show .exe extension, but it will show up once you choose it (remember, upzip first!).

4) Program Compatibility Troubleshooter will ask you to select Troubleshooting Option. Click on Troubleshoot Program.

5) When asked "What problems do you experience?" click on first - "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now."

6) When asked for previous version of windows, choose "I don't know". Another window opens, asking your permission to install Tascam.

7) You will then have to install Tascam. Click Yes throughout.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Gustau and DJ X
Hello! Thanks for the reply!

Actually, I already installed Win 7 Home Premium, because I had too much problems with Win 10. I got an answer from Tascam support also... after the advices I did these things:

- latency from normal to very high
- checked the usb ports, all should be 2.0
- adjusted "processor scheduling" to "best performance for background services".
- background programs have been minimized

I never installed that firmware file, because I never knew what that... I still don't know, but I installed it anyway. Someone could tell what's that firmware thing is... for what? Now I just need to wait and see if my new settings are doing things better.

I see Lloyd, you didn't install the latest drivers... or did you? I wasn't sure what your links actually are, I thought some were older versions.

Thanks for the tips coconutz. I have a us 122L.
I got the drivers from the website. Think they are the most recent (those were the links it sent).
Are there newer versions out there?

thx

ah, that's why it was confusing... I have US-122mkII, and you have US-122L. different drivers for sure ;)

Hi there!

If somebody suffers with the same problem as coconutz (and me), here it is the solution: whatch this youtube video and follow the instructions.
I don't exactly which step helped me, but now everything goes smoothly under win 10 with US-122 MKII. I hope, this answer is not to late!

@Lloyd,

Hi coconutz,

First I uninstalled all my previous drivers (and uninstalled it in device manager).

[...]

Hope this helps!

Hi Lloyd, why the two versions of the driver? They seem to be the exact same thing. Should they be installed in a certain order?
Many thanks in advance!

Hi coconutz,

Problem with the some of the drivers is that they are no longer compatible with Windows 10. But there is a solution for this.

Install old drivers procedure

2) In Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features choose Run Programs Made for Previous Versions of Windows. It will open Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. Click Next.

3) Your US-122 driver will not be listed there, so choose Not Listed and browse for it your downloads folder. You need the .exe file - in my case it did not show .exe extension, but it will show up once you choose it (remember, upzip first!).

4) Program Compatibility Troubleshooter will ask you to select Troubleshooting Option. Click on Troubleshoot Program.

5) When asked "What problems do you experience?" click on first - "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now."

6) When asked for previous version of windows, choose "I don't know". Another window opens, asking your permission to install Tascam.

7) You will then have to install Tascam. Click Yes throughout.

Hope this helps!

Thanks that worked for me. I was desperate

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.