US-16x08 Update suggestions

filipe adubeiro

Gear owned
Tascam US-16x08
Just bought last week a new US-16x08 interface. It is running smoothly in Win7. Great interface for the price.
Although I've have no real problems to complain, I would like to leave some suggestions for future updates that I would like to see.

I use the US-16x08 in the studio, but decided to try it in a live sound environment. Used 16 channels of EQ and compression and it worked very nice with no latency with the onboard DSP. But one thing I noticed is that if I save a scene with track names for each channel, when it is loaded again all the settings are fine but the channel name disappears. I believe that's something that needs fixing in the next update.

Another thing that would be be nice is having the hability to do individual monitor mixes and be able to route them through the 8 outs available. It's usefull to have the hability to record an entire band and give the separate monitor mixes.

A very nice update would be having a noise gate for each channel. I don't know how much cpu is available in the DSP mixer but it would be a nice thing to have.

The last thing that I would like to see it's having the hability to control via MIDI the DSP mixer faders.
With this improvements this interface would be much better.

If anyone from TASCAM reads this I would be gratefull that those points would be taken for consideration for future firmware and software updates.

Reactions: Marc Segond
Would have been nice to be able to route different inputs directly to the outputs!

Good morning, I'm from Brazil and do not know much English, but if you can help me I will be grateful.

I bought a Tascam 16X08 interface and I'm having trouble installing in the Windows 7 64-bit.

Does not recognize the ASIO driver, says he has a digital driver signature problem.

if you can help me with step by step installation or some other procedure is required before installing I will be very grateful.

thanks.

The US-16x08 V1.01 drivers use higher strength digital signatures.
For Windows 7 you must have KB3035131 and KB3033929 installed to enable verification of new signatures.

Windows 8 comes with this built in.

In my case, it's not remembering the scenes at all. At first it did, but now when I change the track name, it reverts to the first one I saved, not what I changed it to even though I have saved it several times.

Hello.
I am new to Tascam forum and to audio too...
This is my question: I'm planning to record a live demo for my band, and I bought a US-16x08.
I'going to send all instruments into my 16 channel mixer that has 16 direct outs. Than I want to send the signals from direc outs of the mixer to the 16x08 to record everything on different tracks. Shall I necessarely use (for inputs 1 to 8) balanced cables or may I use unbalanced ones?
Many thanks for your reply, an sorry if my question is stupid!

Hi all! I have bought a US-16x08 and I have to say I am quite happy with it, just surprised that it doesn't have a gate. Would it cost a lot of effort to add it in the software as it already has EQ and Comp? I would really enjoy having a gate to use live with my drum kit! Anyone knows a work around, or any one at Tascam reading this?

Hi,
I love this 16x08 unit. It records with great quality. The only issue I keep running into is latency. I set it as needed and after a while I begin to hear the delay. So I re-set it on the interface panel and on my DAW and it returns. Any suggestions to alleviate this would be appreciated. Thanks

When they first advertised this thing, they said it would have reverb on each channel also but when I got it... No reverb. I was hoping they would add it in a future update if only on one or two channels at a time because low latency monitoring on vocals practically requires this feature. But, it looks like they are never going to add it. Fooled me tascam! Guess I am going to have to abandon tascam after owning their stuff since the late 80s (3 portastudios and now this interface) and say hello to the behringer x18. It has compression eq and a gate for each channel plus four bussable multieffects processors. Everything I was hoping this was going to be and more.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.