US-200 problems on Windows 10 64bit

Arthur Riskal

Gear owned
US-200
Is it possible to run US-200 on Windows 10 64bit or should this device be smashed with a sledgehammer?

I have latest HP Pavilion 15 laptop with Windows 10 64bit installed. I installed ASIO4All and US-200 latest drivers (tried also 1.02 and 1.01, same result). Device has latest firmware 1.01 installed.

I can clearly hear clicks and pops at any latency settings. I use tascam mainly to record guitars, so I need lowest latency setting. It also happens to be the best setting to hear and see this ASIO overload problem. The ASIO meter at Cubase goes like crazy at idle. In case I switch to ASIO4All drivers, the meters stays at 0 position and everything works smoothly. Tascam US-200 clearly doesn't work as it should. Or does it?

Any advice would be appreciated. Provide some sledgehammer recommendations otherwise. Thanks in advance.

The answer is Tascam US-200 doesn't work well with Windows 10 64bit. It kind of works, but it's very unstable. It's not recommended to install drivers on Windows 10 64bit because they causes problems.

Hi I used to have the same probles, i unistall the driver and I install driver 1.01 on 64 bits and Works really good

Good for you. I tried them all and I had no luck to run it smoothly. Hopefully I can still use it with my other laptop.

well in my other pc i have Windows 10 too but what i did in tha one is that i installed the latest driver in compability mode for Windows 8 and its been working fine too

New threads

Members online