US-20x20 Feature requests

Alex Ene

Gear owned
us 20x20 , us 1800
Hello Tascam!

I’m owning the new release US 20x20 as an update of US-1800.

Please kindly take into consideration my suggests for future software update on US 20x20

The Settings Panel software :

Feature request: Hide (as an option) at least the ADAT and/or SPDIF tracks.
Reason> Display workspace is challenging for the audio applications in use, any “free” space is welcomed on a single display monitor. Especially when ADAT & SPDIF not used…
“On the road” hardly find the luxury of a 2nd display monitor…

Feature request: Settings Panel window to be adjusted as needed, including also a FULL maximize.
Reason> Usefully when using multiple displays monitor for full maximizing.
The faders action length is to small and cannot be accurately used as it is right now, esp. operating on a laptop.

Feature request: iPad control over wifi. Extremely useful, it is a must.
Feature request: Midi learn for surface controls. Let's imagine it can be used with Korg nanokontrol2
Feature request: UNDO for last action in mixer mode.

So far I didn’t saw big involvement in forum responses (us-20x20) of the Tascam people …so I’m trying my luck on this one.

Maybe if other users will participate in this thread with input&requests?

Oh yes! The Settingspannel really needs do be fully scalable! It's not possible to use it on High PPI screens! Really? We are not in the Stone Age anymore.

And another great YES to the possibility to MIDI learn. How this works? Go and take a look at RME's Mixerpanel.

And PLEASE! Bring down the crazy hight output latency of your drivers, so there would no reason to use ASIO4ALL any more.

I've sent this email to Tascam/Teac support thought I should post here also:
"Hello and Good day,

Ive been working with the Tascam US-20x20 for a few months now and I love this unit. The only thing that the Tascam US-20x20 Settings Panel needs is the ability to send the reverb mix to the AUX buses.
For instance: Use as a live mixer; stereo Bus to out 1 and 2 for Main loud speakers. AUX2 to out 3 for monitors. I need reverb from vox on Both Main and Monitors, But I need to be able to send Bass, and Kick out the Mains and NOT the monitors.
So,
IN1-VOX with reverb-out Stereo Bus 1/2(Mains) and Aux 2(Monitors)
IN2-Guitar No Reverb-out to Stereo Bus 1/2(Mains) and Aux 2(Monitors
IN3-Kick-out to Stereo Bus 1/2(Mains)
IN4-Bass-out to Stereo Bus 1/2(Mains)
Maybe remove the AUX1 routing and have a activation switch on each channel to turn reverb on per input. located next to the link or below the compression buttons?
I figured since it would be a software fix, and this fix would make the US-20x20 incredibly more functional, why not do this? Even if this is a custom patch for my use, I would be in your debt.
Thank you for your time and effort,
-Cali"
I feel this is something we all would like to have the us20x20 todo. I will submit requests of what was posted before. Figured if more of us push for each others requests Tascam/Teac will do them.
-Cali
Ps: 1st post, thank you for adding me to the forum.

I really need an ADAT-Mode

Routing MIC 1 - 8 directly to ADAT OUT 1 - 8
AND!!!
routing ADAT IN 1 - 8 directly to LINE OUT 1 - 8

It would be a combination of the existing Input Modes (Analog Inputs and Digital Inputs) in the Output Setting while running the Interfaces MIC PREAMP mode.

Why I want this? I own an an RMA HDSP 9652 and this has really low latency and super stable drivers and 3 ADAT INs and OUTs. So I could use the 20X20 as a Preamp for the RME-Card with its and don't have to use the bad originial Tascam drivers with its really high output latency (as I mentioned here in another thread).

The best was would be a free routing possibility in the Settings-Panel in Mic-Pre Mode. So we could set what we need.

Got an email from Tascam support today, the hardware isn't able to do an ADAT-mode, as I liked to have it. So it will not happen. :-(

New threads

Members online

No members online now.