US-2x2 Driver Issues?

CDNTech

Gear owned
US-2x2
I just installed the newest (2.0) driver and settings panel onto my Windows 7 system tonight. I am now having various issues.
If I use the default settings from the buttons, I cannot use the microphone attached to my interface because they attempt to insert the ASIO processing, but since I am using Audacity and Skype, there isn't an ASIO processing software package running.

I had to create a custom setup to get them working. This is NOT "easier" as the release notes claim.

Further, I cannot for the life of me see how to change the sample rate anymore like I could with the last driver / settings panels (software mixer to be more specific). I do voice recordings and sometimes the client request a different sample rate. I didn't buy a 96KHz x 24 bit box to get stuck in 44.1KHz and potentially 16 bit. I'll go back to my 0404USB from E-Mu from decades ago (which had all the same features) if I have to.

If only the software was as good as the hardware...

This update seems glitchy and a waste of time. After installation I could no longer open the settings panel, and my driver settings had been changed to generic in Sonar Platinum.
Everything was fine before, so like me perhaps you should just uninstall the new update, and carry on as before with a correctly functioning computer!

I did the same eventually. It kept on losing audio at the beginning and just after starting a track. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the previous version of the mixer/driver and all seems to be working properly again. Tascam: Is there a fixed update in the pipe? On the other hand, it works fine as is, and we all know the saying about "if it isn't broken, "...

hey @DavidNJ and @CDNTech

I can't seem to have any control over the sample rate or bit rate still..i sort of randomly changes if I force it to using my DAW, but I don't like that. Any news from you guys on this? i'm about to try to older drivers now, but again, not ideal.

UPDATE: So, yeah, I went back to driver version 1.30, and now I have full control over the sample rate and buffer size, as it should be. So, I'll be using this version until i run into problems.

btw, I also bought 2 focusrite scarlett 2i4s, and they both work beautifully (and i love that they have 4 assignable outputs....perfect for ableton live and one man band type deals)

I think Tascam is a great company, however, it looks like their public relations/marketing teams are not quite, English speaking, which is totally fine! but, might make for some stuff getting lost in translation.

Last edited:
Had same problem, Installed tascam us 2x2 drivers version 1.02 from 2015, it works!!!

Reactions: Lautaro
Yes! Thank you very much. Version 1.02 is the best! Seems drivers are updated to be worse...

Windows 10: go to "C:\Program Files\TASCAM\US-2x2 & US-4x4 Driver\" and find "US-2x2_US-4x4_SettingsPanel_old.exe". It's working with all newest drivers.

Reactions: Pericle
"Windows 10: go to "C:\Program Files\TASCAM\US-2x2 & US-4x4 Driver\" and find "US-2x2_US-4x4_SettingsPanel_old.exe". It's working with all newest drivers."

It works, but.....really a sad story we have to use a hidden old driver to set fundamental audio parameters: Tascam and all its developers should be ashamed. Never seen before anything similar for a hardware device driver

New threads

Members online

No members online now.