US-322 OS X Yosemite suddenly no audio out in Logic Pro X

Paul Frank

Gear owned
us-322
tascam us-322 and os x yosemite no output

was working fine and have been at it for hours to no avail .....

It just stopped working . I am usually able to solve my own issues but this one has me stumped - 25 yrs plus in industry - any help would be greatly appreciated

I have the same problem Paul. With the same kit - a US-322 and Macbook Pro running OSX Yosemite. It was running perfectly until I upgraded to Yosemite.
I've deleted the driver, reinstalled it from the website. Updated the US-322 firmware, updated Yosemite - and done all of that again just to make sure but nothing works.
I've appealed for help on TASCAM Twitter feed but got no help there.
This has been going on the weeks and weeks now and it's very frustrating.
Feels like I will just have to buy a different device.

Unless of course you have come up with a solution?

I had this issue as well with the US-200, I emailed Tascam and got nothing back. I went through the same steps as you and still nothing. Did you download the MIDI patch as well? I did i still am only getting audio out of my left headphone. My computer recognizes the interface but i cannot select it in my midi setup under utilities as the primary input/output source. Very frustrating to say the least.

Yep. Sounds familiar. My system knows it's there but I can't select it.
Frustrating and disappointing - you'd think TASCAM would be keeping an eye on this forum and posting a message or two letting us know that they are looking into it.
Other wise what's the point?

Exactly, even that fact that the only way to contact support is via email... Which by the looks of it they have a difficult time replying to... If i hear anything from them I'll post it pronto.

Arrrgh!!
So........ I bought this device a few months ago and now it seems it is completely useless. Thanks Tascam If you are even listening?
My advice to everyone and anyone from this day forward will be - Don't waste your money on TASCAM products. Buy anything else. Absolutely anything else.
Because if you spend your money on TASCAM audio interfaces , you are throwing it away!
Answer that customer services!!

Ya this is ridiculous... I received an email back from their support group. They asked me to call customer support, provided then number and the extension for someone who had knowledge on this issue. The guy couldn't give me a straight answer or even tell me if they were working to fix this issue. Starting to get a little frustrated with this company....

I finally gave up. Dropped my US-322 in the bin. Bought a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 instead.
Just opened the box, plugged it in and it works perfectly. No drivers to install, no problems - total plug and play.

Problem solved!!!

Yep. Sounds familiar. My system knows it's there but I can't select it.
Frustrating and disappointing - you'd think TASCAM would be keeping an eye on this forum and posting a message or two letting us know that they are looking into it.
Other wise what's the point?
You do know this site is not operated by Tascam right?

There are driver and firmware updates here for Yosemite.

http://tascam.com/product/us-322/downloads/

Is it not possible that your setup has an issue? Obviously it works with Yosemite if they released drivers and firmware specifically for it. A quick Google search also shows others are using it with Yosemite without issue (citing Garageband specifically).

Is it possible for you to test on another Yosemite setup to rule out problems with your machine? Contrary to public perception, the Mac can be just as problematic as any Windows machine.

For the record, the US-322 is a legacy product which means it's no longer manufactured. Most companies usually don't continue development for such products. In saying that, a few days ago Tascam updated the DP-24's firmware (also a legacy product) so to say that Tascam doesn't listen to customers with legitimate and well documented issues is completely false.

Case in point:
http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/dp-24-pops-and-clicks.2349/

I can provide other examples where Tascam came through with resolving issues by way of this forum.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online