US-366 recording and playing back only in MONO

Gear owned
MX-2424, DM-24, US-366
This is probably something very stupid that I am doing, but when I have 2 line inputs from the 1/4 inputs somehow I am only getting one of the inputs (I am guessing the left) but on both channels of input. I also have the same problem with the headphones AND the line outs. I also have a US-144, a 144 MK2, and a 122 (original & L) . On those there is a mono switch, but I don't see one on the 366. Am I doing something stupid (it wouldn't be the first time)?

Thanks in advance.
Mark Emanuele
CEO Watergap Media Group

OK, as usual it was something very stupid, but in my opinion the stupidity comes from Tascam. Apparently, the defaults out of the box are for all the mixer channels (in the US-366 Control Panel) are that they are CENTERED!!! Why would anybody in their right mind EVER want that. To fix this I had to put the left in (and out) all the way to the left, and move the right channel all the way to the right. I like that the control panel lets you move any input to any position in the stereo mix, but to DEFAULT everything to the center channel is utterly RIDICULOUS!!! They should have AT LEAST put in a release note to that effect... I ruined a recording of an entire 12 hour music festival because of this (at least the 24 track is OK, but I wanted a copy of the two track mix that came out of the board as well.)

Reactions: ringo_0

New threads

Members online

No members online now.