US16x08 Control Panel not working in Win10 - try ASIO4ALL instead

Clive Alcock

Gear owned
US-800, US16x08
I'm pretty used to installing drivers and controllers for all kinds of audio devices but the current V3 and past V2 versions of the Tascam drivers do not work at all on my Win10 platform.

What does work for me is to do the following:-
Uninstall the Tascam control panel completely from the Windows Control Panel - Programs & Features.
Install ASIO4ALL from here - http://www.asio4all.org/

Power up and connect your USB port to the US16x08.
Windows will discover it through the native USB driver.
Go to Windows Control Panel, Sounds and select default playback device / Properties / Advanced tab.
Set your desired Sample Rate and bit depth. Deselect the "Allow apps to take exclusive control".
Do the same for the Recording device selecting the US16x08.

Now if you launch Reaper or some other application and add ASIO4ALL as your audio interface,
a small green triangle will appear on your taskbar or notification area.
Click that triangle to open the ASIO4ALL menu and go to the toolbar.
Select the hardware device to use with the ASIO driver.
Now you should be up and running - nothing else required.

Note that I actually use two different applications to access the US16x08, one
uses the mic inputs, the other the outputs. Even though ASIO4ALL claims this
is not recommended it certainly works fine for me and is pretty stable. Using
just one application is rock solid. Oh, and the US16x08 sounds really good!!

Good luck with your work arounds ... hopefully Tascam will resolve all these
problems sooner rather than later.
Clive Alcock

its a shame that interface which is still in production and being sold all over the world has so many problems within drivers . why should i use some sort of 3d party drivers when ive paied my money for a product which should support me with all nessesary out of the box? why other companies even behringer who produce their interfaces do so and they dont have such big problems as this fucking tascam? Such a big company and failed with simple fucking things like drivers. Are u fucking kidding me? I was fucking with this junk more than a year with latency drifts, non stable drivers, hissing outputs etc. It was 2 times in warranty repair without any result - statement was everything is ok with the unit. I tried it on different machines with different OS (both mac and PC) and it still fucks brains. But after i got Focusrite 18i20 pluged it in , installed all the nessesary software and drivers - ITS WORKING WITHOUT ANY LAGS / NO LATENCY DRIFTS/ i have ableton 10 with all 8 channels activated with synthesizers in them doing real time processing from ableton like delays reverbs compression etc + on top of that more than 20 tracks of VST + audio samples on audio tracks AND NO LATENCY DRIFTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Round latency is 7 ms with 128 buffer. And everything is playable. SO FUCK YOU TASCAM!!!!!!!! your unsatisfied former client. NEVER AGAIN nothing from TASCAM!

Just be aware the new 3.0 driver is buggy, use 2.12 instead for now

I'm having the same problem, but unfortunately these ASIO4ALL instructions are not working for me. Indeed, the interface now basically doesn't work at all ....

New threads

Members online

No members online now.