US2000 Please help!

steveYBMM

Gear owned
US-2000
Evening all,

I have enjoyed owning a US-2000 since 2012 right up until this point. I'm not sure if this is my laptop or the interface, but I NEVER had any problems until start of this year.

So, I used to be able to get up to around 25 or 30 tracks of mic-recorded audio, along with processing, without any noises or hiccups. Now, it's almost as if any processing starts to mess things up and there's crackling no matter what driver settings I adjust in the control panel. I've done a few things to clean up my laptop too, which seems to have helped the laptop (although it wasn't too messy anyway), but still this problem is happening. I run Windows 7 still out of preference, and I've removed and reinstalled the interface's V2.05 driver a few times now...and nothing different. If I mixdown to a stereo track then the audio on the WAV is not affected, but all these horrible noises are destroying the tracking and mixing environment! If I record a whole band raw then it's fairly reasonable still before work gets done. But as soon as processing goes underway...then it's bollocks time!

Can anyone help or think of any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Steve,

Have you checked your buffer size? Sorry if it sounds too obvious. But Experts always recommend use low buffer size for Recording and Higher for mixing. I don't know .. It might worth checking. I've owned mine since December 2009 my UAD Satellite Died recently (almost never used it.. but it died way faster).

Right now I'm recording our Jazz Ensemble (iMac i7 quad 2.8 with 12gig or RAM) Recorded 8 Tracks of Drums no problem at all.

Right now 5/6 tunes have been recorded at 24 bits 96Khz

Above all, they do sell spare parts and provide repair.. I can't say the same about UAD they told to literally dump my and buy a new card... Isn't that great??

I hope it helps

keep me in the loop ok?

Hey Alex, are you just referring to choosing the buffer size in the tascam's driver software? If so, yes I've toggled between that. Sometimes it'll playback fine for a few seconds then start going crackly again and I've got some mad latency problems appeared from nowhere, when trying to record guitars into virtual amps such as amplitube. Bearing in mind, up until about a year ago I never had any problems with latency or crackling unless I had about twenty five tracks running all with heavy processing! Its driving me mad. It seemed to go wrong from the point I installed the driver for someone else's interface/mixer. It was a Midas 32. Unless it was just a coincidence. I removed their drivers from my laptop and have reinstalled the tascam v2.05 one several times now, but to no avail. :(

Reactions: Alex Ferreira
Well,
Have you formated the HD? and reinstalled windows?
Then installed the driver that always worked before?

Many thanks for getting back to me.
To be honest, Ive been trying all I can to avoid doing that. You think that might be the only way? Its gonna be a bit of a job cos its been set up exactly how I need it since I got my recording gear. How about restoring it to a point before the issues started, if windows has a restore point going back up to nearly a year? If I have to reinstall, I'll need to get windows on cd or something because I have a license but no disk with my laptop.

New threads

Members online