USB cable type for DP-03SD?

RickyLee

From
Riverside CA USA
Gear owned
DP-03SD, 2488 MKII, TSR-8
Was my machine supposed to come with a USB cable when new? I bought my machine used though in tghe original box.

I just went to connect it to my laptop and the USB cables I have are not going in on the recorder. It looks as if the port on the Tascam might have been damaged or bent by the previous owner?? Not sure.

I am ASSuming these cables I have are the correct ones??

It is the USB cable I use for my JBL Flip blue tooth speaker and also the cable that connects my Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport to my laptop.

Or do I need a special/different USB cable for this DP-03SD?

I just swapped the SD card over to my computer and transferred my files that way.

But still would like to know what is up with this USB cable . . . .

On the Tascam site it says: USB Mini-B type 4-pin. Not very common, so could very well be you don't have the correct cable.

Reactions: RickyLee
Thanks for posting that info Arjan P. Not sure if I should even bother as I can just put the SD card into my computer. Hmmmm.

Oh yeah . . . . I am thinking I would need that cable if I need to update the Tascam's firmware? Connect to my computer to get it online/InnerWebZ?

Happy New Year to you on that side of the Globe. I am West Coast U.S., but my bloodline is from the Netherlands..

Reactions: -mjk-
Thanks RickyLee, and Gelukkig Nieuwjaar to you too! ;)

@RickyLee you update the firmware by SD card. You can get along just fine without ever using the USB port.

Reactions: RickyLee
It looks as if I already have this cable with my Tascam DR-05, so I am good to go on that one if I need it.

Yeah, I must have been thinking about a different one, this Mini-B is (was) pretty common.

New threads

Members online