Using DP-03 and DP-24

badcarburetor

Gear owned
Tascam DP-03, Tascam DP24
I'm pretty stoked to find this place. Things may move slowly, but y'all seem to know what's up.

I've been out of home recording for a while, but always played live and hired studios as needed. I used to have a big ol' 388 back in the day and some 4 and 8 track cassette machines. One was Fostex and one was Tascam. I think I still have those buried away somewhere.

Now, I'm using the DP-03 to do some rough demos of my band and get accustomed to how modern gear works. I plan to move over to the DP-24 for more elaborate sessions after I'm comfortable with this machine. Having limited options to start with is useful for my mindset.

In general, I like to keep things as simple as possible. I don't get more complicated than basic punk/rock most of the time and I don't want to deal with computers if I can keep 'em out.

Over the years, I've collected quite a bit of gear for when I "someday" set up my studio. Well, that day came a few months back and I'm pretty happy to have lots of stuff to dig out as needed. I'll be doing a big sell off of a bunch of redundant live gear soon to roll back into funding this current operation.

That's my story.

Oh, and thanks in advance for any answers to my n00b type questions.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.