Very basic routing ....

From
Antwerp
Gear owned
2xDA3000, DP24, DM320, ..
Hello all,
Well, ... I must admit ... it's a steep learning curve. I knew routing in DM is complex but even now, I'm ashamed to admit that I'm even not capable for the moment to record 1 simple mic's signal into Cubase.
Went through parts of the manual about routing, tried to follow all the tips which I could find on this forum, ... and even after a week of trying, I still did not succeed.

So here is what I did .... :
1/ started up DM3200 and Cubase 8.0.10
2/ connect condenser mic to M/L input 1 + switched on phantom power
3/ selected channel 1 and set fader to 0db
4/ routing screen (see screenshots routing_input and routing_output slot)
I did not configure something in 'output' yet
5/ I did not setup anything in the output assign part to the left of the screen

I just want to record the mic's signal into a track in cubase.
In cubase, the device setup has been done (mackie control and mackie control 2 are ok, 24 ports are active, in VST connections 24 mono channels have been set up).

And then I press record+play on the DM3200 ... and nothing is recorded into Cubase.
Any ideas?

Also I'd like to know how I can do the following: besides tracking 16 channels via M/L into Cubase, I would also like to record the stereo signal of the 16 channels into DA3000 via spdif.

Any little help will be appreciated .... :)

Attachments

• Routing_input.png
    Routing_input.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Routing_output slot.png
    Routing_output slot.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 125
For the cubase track you are recording...did you route the correct source input in the cubase inspector which should correspond to the mic connected to your DM?

That's some wacky routing there in those screenshots but that might be intentional for your setup. Might need to look at that again.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply!
I will check the Cubase setting again in the weekend, and let you know.

Maybe forget the previous input routing screenshots and find hereby new screenshots from the input routing, because in the end, what I want to do is the following:
1/ I will get 8 channels ADAT into the DM which I want to route to channels 1-8
2/ I will get another 8 channels ADAT (to slot 2) in DM which I want to route to channels 9-16.
3/ 4 mics will be connected to xlr input on DM (1-4) which I want to route to channels 17-20

Those 20 channels will have to go to Cubase via slot 1 (FW card).
And then, ultimately, I'd like to send a stereo signal at the same time from Cubase (or from DM) to the DA3000. (kind of backup ...)

Thank you,
Stef

Attachments

• Routing_input.png
    Routing_input.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Routing_input2.png
    Routing_input2.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 71
Are you familiar with the INPUT BYPASS method? If not, you should research it here on the forum. This approach uses the OUTPUT SLOT of your Firewire interface to send M/L signal directly from the M/L to DAW (Cubase). The signals are each split - one side goes to DAW, the other to DM Fader Module(s) of your choosing for monitoring.

And if you haven't read this, it could be somewhat helpful:

http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/dm-routing-zen.634/

CaptDan

Hello Captdan,
hé hé, .. I succeeded finally in recording M/L input into Cubase. Thanks for the tip about the INPUT BYPASS,... that did ring a bell that I read somewhere about this topic, ... only now I understood how to use it.
OK, now I'm still trying to find a way how to record the stereo out from cubase back to the DM and to root it via spdif to Tascam DA3000. I will already look for it in manuals, but if someone could give a tip, ... or an idea .. .

Many thanks,
Stef

Configure on the OUTPUT your DIGI1 to output STEREO-L and STEREO-R. That's how I master using my DA-3000

New threads

Members online

No members online now.