Wav export does not work - correct me if I am wrong

John Kinghorn

so, I’ve followed the instructions to export the tracks of my song (24 tracks in all) to both usb and cd.

The result is a bunch of wav files, all about the same size - some are correct copies of the audio files, most are either completely empty, or contain the first part of the original audio, but that is stored right at the end of the exported file.

So cutting to the chase, Tascam released the 2488 with a totally floored and untested feature, that basically does not work...

Correct me if I am wrong.... please!!

...followed the instructions to export the tracks of my song...So cutting to the chase, Tascam released the 2488 with a totally floored and untested feature, that basically does not work...
Seriously?

Don't own one of these old portastudios, but on the newer DP-24/32/SD portastudios the Export function only exports the "active" virtual track that's been selected for export:
If the active virtual track is selected but has little or no data (typically because it's been silenced or erased or cleaned out), then with the DP-24/32/SD, all that gets exported/created is an empty WAV file the length of the song.

If only a portion of the track has material for the song, Export still creates a WAV file the length of the entire song to preserve alignment of the track.​

So, in using the Export function on your 2488, are all the active virtual tracks the ones that actually contain the song data you're trying to export?

Another possibility: is your firmware updated to the most current one that had been releasesed by TASACM for your specific portastudio?

EDIT
You logged back in and viewed this thread about five hours after I posted; but couldn't take even a minute to acknowledge the time I spent reading your post and trying to help.

Rudeness on this forum does not go unnoticed.

Last edited:
I pressed on the link in my email - it took me straight to the post, I thought “this looks interesting, I will have to ha e a proper read, when I get my break” - it is now my break, and I have purposely logged in to read your reply - thank you for your time replying, and your appreciation that other people’s lives may be different to yours

See the little blue "Like" on the bottom right of the post? All you need do is click on it to acknowledge the responder's effort to help.

And if you had been less judgmental, you woukd have got a very nice response… and ignore

New threads

Members online

No members online now.