Weaker signal on 4 tracks

MiamiVlad

Gear owned
will by Tascam DP24 or 32
Hi everyone, after spending some time with DP32SD, just yesterday I realized mu tracks 1,4,6,8, show a weaker recording signal, about half the strength of other tracks 2,3,5,7 . Tested with a song from my work station, same conditions for all tracks. Contacted Tascam no reply yet. The unit is still under manufacturers warranty. Otherwise I love the recorder. Any ideas. Will try to reset to factory settings as per Phil Tipping suggestion. Anybody experienced something similar. ??? thanks

The first thing I would do is a hardware reset to factory settings. MENU/PREFERENCES/Initialize.

Then, I'd assign a single input to multiple tracks, good and "bad". Record your source. Watch the meters and compare. Then, in MIXER, set each one to the same output level ( 0 db). Then play and compare, again watching your meters.

Let us know how that works out.

thank you , will try this long weekend. Tascam responded but I have to call them and have their tech online. Will let you know the final resolution of this. Otherwise am enjoying the unit tremendously.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.