What is the difference between SEND EFF 1 and SEND MASTER 1?

Spinposium

Gear owned
24-SD
I have read the manual and am still confused. Can somebody please explain the difference between SEND EFF 1 and SEND MASTER 1? Why are their two controls?

Why are their two SEND MASTER, both a 1 & 2?

Is the SEND EFF 1 used for both INTERNAL and EXTERNAL FX?

What if I want to use an external SEND EFFECT and an internal compressor effect. Can I use both? Why is there only the SEND EFF 1 and not a send control for both the external effects AND the internal FX?

What am I missing?

Thank you.

Briefly... send effects 1 controls that channel only. Send master 1 is global for all channels. In short - this just gives you more control.

As far as your other question(s)... go to the top of the forum and find the link to the Tipping tutorial videos. Watch those and so much will become clear. The block diagram is your friend. You'll save yourself and other's time by watching the videos. And you just might become a jedi master over night.:)

If something is still not clear after watching the tutorials - come on back and someone will get you squared away. Keep in mind - there is a shit ton of information contained in the sticks at the top of the forum.

Reactions: Mark Richards
Can somebody please explain the difference between SEND EFF 1 and SEND MASTER 1? Why are their two controls?
What David said. In the Production Tips sticky, you'll find a post on send levels.

Re Phil's free videos, I also recommend highly that you start there.

I want to use an external SEND EFFECT and an internal compressor effect. Can I use both?
Yes. The Stickies discuss how.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.