Windows 10 audio problems with new driver update

Will Murray

Gear owned
US-20x20
Since the new update my audio just using windows is messed up, although seemingly fine in Pro Tools.

I'm using a US-20x20.

It cuts in a second after it should in each application, for example if i play a song in a media player I'll miss the start.

Anyone having this problem or know a fix?

Similar problem here. I'm also own a US 20x20. When I use my DAW (Cubase 10.4) plus some other audio source from Windows (Youtube for example), audio from Windows is messed up, but Cubase continues working fine. I also have some message from windows saying "Service audio is stopped" but I've checked Audio Service and it appears as working. When I restart the computer audio from Windows works again.
I am using:
Win 1903 fully up to date
Tascam US 20x20 with 3.00 Setting Panel and driver.
Cubase 10.4 Pro
I've tested with Studio One 4 and same problem, but when I've tested whith a Focusrite 2i4 audio interface all works well.
Some ideas? Driver o Windows issue?
Thanks in advance

I got the same problem like Will here!
With Windows applications you have approximately a second of delay before the audio fades in. You start watching a YouTube video and you have that problem. You pause the video for just a moment, and you will have that problem again. If you use a DAW you won't have that problem. It's one of those little things that totally sours me on the whole device.

I'm just testing out the interface at the moment, it arrived yesterday. I'm considering whether I send it back if I can't figure out a solution. :/

Edit: Okaaay, the problem simply disappeared, for now. Let's see if it lasts.

Edit edit: It didn't last. First I got a significant audio delay I noticed while watching a movie. It disappeared after a computer restart. And then the delayed start of the audio playback came back today! The interface is so unreliable in this regard I got to send it back.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online