Windows 10 drivers

Voodoo Jazz

Gear owned
TASCAM UH-7000
This is a general question about Windows 10 and TASCAM USB interfaces. Anyone tried upgrading to Win 10 and seen whether the drivers still work? I have a feeling we will be forced to update soon. Right now i'm using my TASCAM UH-7000 with Win 7 64 bit and it works great. Hate to upgrade and mess up my setup!

I have no pre-Win 10 UH7000 use as I recently installed this interface. However, it does seem to work fairly well with Win 10 when using larger buffer sizes. No pops, clicks, dropouts. However, the driver latency is border line to unusable for those tracks that need to be monitored when recording through a DAW.

@Voodoo Jazz

When you say it is working great with Win 7, what does that mean to you?

What type of latency or driver efficiency are you experiencing?

I'm finding that once I get a few plugins and tracks recorded, the driver needs a much larger buffer size to keep up vs other audio interfaces I've used.

Make sure all power management is off for your USB ports in System Hardware setup in Windows.

The manual also suggests not sharing any devices on the same USB bus as the UH-7000 (excluding mouse and keyboard). Have you ruled this out by testing with the UH-7000 connected to your computer by itself?

Manual also says not to plug the UH-7000 into a USB hub so if you are, don't use it.

Thank you cmaffia!

I did not know about the power management for USB devices! Good to know! I came from years of using PCI and Firewire interfaces. The UH7000 is my first USB interface. I disabled the power scheme for USB devices and I do think performance improved somewhat... Thank you again.

For the other items you mentioned, I am in compliance. No USB Hub and only the mouse and keyboard is in use. The only semi-unusual thing I have going on USB-wise is that my keyboard is an illuminated one and draws more power than a regular keyboard. Do you think that could be a problem?

I am still hopeful that improved reduced latency will be something Tascam targets for as they release new drivers in the future.

v1.03 works with my install of Win10! Just posted this morning! THRILLED to be back in action!

Great for you guys!! The UH-7000 crowd will be standing by and hoping for their 1.03 version. :)

Weird, too. Their was a UH-7000 driver update on 5 August...to fix a Win 8.1 problem! Hope you don't have to wait too long. I wonder if that driver is one of the many that were developed by a third party for Tascam, before they brought their driver development back in house.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.