Windows 10 support for US-1800 and US-144mkII

rockfordstone

Gear owned
US1800, US144MKII
Hi all.

I currently own a US-1800 and a US-144mkII and I am considering moving over to windows 10.

Does anyone have any information or experience on how these may perform if I do so?

I know that these are now replaced models so I doubt the will release new drivers for them. I'm hoping that the windows 7/8 drivers will still work. I have only owned them less than 3 years so will be highly annoyed if I have to go out and buy new ones to support W10 if i go that way..

Cheers

Hi,
I have a US-122 that I installed on a Win 10 computer. When you are ready to load the drivers for your equipment, right click on the installer and choose compatibility ... Win 10 will suggest what mode to use. My equipment was Win 7 mode. It was that simple ... the equipment works as expected. HTH

Buzz

Reactions: davelev74
No, I missed that. So I went back and tried it with both Windows8 and Windows7 compatibility and neither of those worked. Looks like the MIDI driver works, but not the audio. I've written TASCAM twice asking whether it works with Windows10 and they have not responded. Not a good sign.

Well, they're kind of generally slow to respond via email, so it may be no sign at all.

It doesn't make sense that the Windows 7 driver wouldn't work. Is it possible (I'm not a Windows guy) to easily uninstall everything for the interface and start over?

OK. I called TASCAM and they told me they are working on a Windows10 driver, but don't know when it will be ready.

Yes, I uninstalled everything and re-tried it with Windows8 and Windows7 compatibility with no success. I've never seen where drivers could be made compatible with an earlier release. They either work or they don't.

Well, that's good news, at least.

I even went back and tried my PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL, whose driver never played well with my iLok (which I've given up on). It "looked" like it installed, showed up as Playback and Recording devices, but was invisible to anything looking for an ASIO driver. And PreSonus even claim Win10 compatibility. Phooey. It's the same old Win7 driver that's over 18 months old.

I did a thorough scrub of the registry and files and folders, reinstalled the US-16x08 driver. Same error code (31). Still waiting.

I'm dealing with the same issue with my US-16x08. The only thing that has changed on my computer is Windows 10. All of a sudden the driver isn't working. I tried running it in every compatibility mode option. Clean wipes and such do nothing to improve the situation. I'm going to revert back to Win7 because I can't wait for a new driver (I use this for my church every Sunday). Hopefully they come out with a new driver soon because I really want to stay ahead of the curve as far as Win10 goes. (Not to mention that this was the first time we had all six of our computers running the same OS, and being the one that does the IT work it was kinda nice.)

Yes, it's ridiculous that a Windows 10 driver is not available yet. Everyone knew when Windows 10 was going to be released and TASCAM didn't get their act together to update their drivers. It's inexcusable. I have a US16x08 that I just got in June and already it's outdated? I doubt I will ever buy another TASCAM product. It would be nice if they could tell us at least when drivers will be available. I'm glad this will be the last release of Windows because I'm tired of having to wait for updated drivers for devices.

I was worried after reading this thread, so I just tested my setup. I have Windows 10 Pro running on a Dell laptop. It is a Windows 10 upgrade installation on top of Windows 7. The Windows 7 was a clean install, and did not have the Tascam previously installed. I downloaded the latest driver from 2014 for the US-1800, extracted the zip file, ran setup in the x64 folder, and it installed normally just like in Windows 7 with no error. I have audio working, it is compatible and working fine with no workaround required! I am relieved I can still use this audio interface with the latest and greatest operating system, for years to come. Even my Emu 1212m pci express interface works on Windows 10!

Yes, it's ridiculous that a Windows 10 driver is not available yet. Everyone knew when Windows 10 was going to be released and TASCAM didn't get their act together to update their drivers. It's inexcusable. I have a US16x08 that I just got in June and already it's outdated? I doubt I will ever buy another TASCAM product. It would be nice if they could tell us at least when drivers will be available. I'm glad this will be the last release of Windows because I'm tired of having to wait for updated drivers for devices.

I assume from your judgemental tone that you are a software engineer for an MI company.

OK. I called TASCAM and they told me they are working on a Windows10 driver, but don't know when it will be ready.

Yes, I uninstalled everything and re-tried it with Windows8 and Windows7 compatibility with no success. I've never seen where drivers could be made compatible with an earlier release. They either work or they don't.

FWIW, I uninstalled my US144 drivers and rebooted, then ran the driver installation using the compatibility manager and chose Windows 7 as the OS version it worked under. That DID solve the issue for my W10 Surface Pro 4 machine.

Hi all
I appreciate that there are people spending the time to document these driver issues and recommended fixes.
Unfortunately i did NOT have the success of Jordan and Nathan. I followed the process described by Jordan T and tried this out on a number of USB2 and 3 ports,
used three different USB cables
Tried using the US 144 mk 2 drivers
Updated all usb drivers and most software/other drivers.

When running the compatibility manager i did the install using the "Test" step - not sure if thats a reason why it didn't work. Also i used the 2.02 driver.

I am running a US 144 on a new pc that runs Windows 10 and uses an intell i3 skylake with a asrock mini motherboard. I previously used the US144 on a HP laptop with Windows 8, however i could only use it on a single USB 1 or 2 slot (i always assumed it was a USB1.1 for some reason) ( - it did not work on a USB SS slot.

any suggestions? i will update with more info/sucsess stories

Cheers
Karl

Cheers Jordan

Unfortunately that didn't work either using 2.03 and 2.05 using the compatibility manager. I get the following error under Device manager > Universal serial bus controllers:
Unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed).

I get this before and after the driver install.

Also, After installing the driver (and getting the "device descriptor request failed" error) when i check the drivers under properties, it says: there i no driver selected or available.
However when i check C:\Windows\System32\drivers i find three driver files:
tascusb2.sys
tscusb2a.sys
tscusb2m.sys

It doesnt make any sense that this install does not work for me (yet appears to install) but works for others? There must be something that i am missing

I have also tested a mates Focusrit saffire 6 usb interface with no luck.

Additionally, my old computer which did effectively run the tascam us144 (windows 8.1) now does not work after an automated windows 8 update. The saffire also does not work on this computer either.

No word back from tascam since my last post

New threads

Members online