"Writing Failed" - In AutoPunch

DZibman

Gear owned
DP24
Hi -
I was recording this weekend and everything was fine until a little while ago. All of a sudden the WRITING FAILED error message showed up and the deck locked up. This is only happening in AutoPunch. I copied the contents of the SD card and copied to a new one. No luck. Any help would be appreciated.

What does "no luck" mean?

Hi MJK - It means I wasn't able to fix it at that point. Since then, I formatted the SD and started with a fresh session. In the past, I never formatted the SD card. I only deleted the files from Audio Depot. Now it works fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
The help you're looking for has been posted in the Equipment Tips Sticky.

Reactions: -mjk-
Ok @DZibman . You said you copied the files to a new "one." Could have been a new Song, or SD card. Didn't know whether the copy function worked, or what the exact issue was at that point. Thanks.

@Mark Richards what do you think of a separate sticky just for SD card issues, since this seems to be the predominant information users are looking for?

@Mark Richards...separate sticky just for SD card issues?
mj, thread after thread, SD card issues almost always come down to the same few things, and they've been covered over and over again, as a simple search of the forum will attest: file error, write error, unit freeze up, etc. are due to using unapproved cards, outdated firmware, cheap counterfeit cards, or all three.

IMO, between what's already in the Equipment Tips Sticky and the links in those threads to really good posts like Sam Trenholme recently made on the topic, I think the SD card issue has pretty well been consolidated.

So creating a new sticky would be additional work with little additional benefit, I think; and it's perhaps more useful to point people to the Equipment Tips Sticky.

M2CW.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk- and DZibman
I actually did a search and didn’t initially see a fix that worked. After I posted, I saw something about zz files. I formatted the SD card and started over with tracking. I didn’t realize those files were on the SD card. I assume the card was full?

It works fine now.

Thanks!

So creating a new sticky would be additional work with little additional benefit

It seems you are right again, Mark.

Reactions: Mark Richards

New threads

Members online