Yet another effects

bgood

Gear owned
DP-24SD
Hi there,

I've RTFM, watched the excellent videos (thx Phil) and read the posts. Still stuck so in desperation I must post a new effects question thread.

Objective:
1. I have 4 mics from my drum set in A, B, C, D. I want to apply compression on A and D (overheads) as an insert effect. I have this working!!!!

2. I want to use send effects for A, B, C and D also by sending each input to the reverb effect on send 1. I've set the send 1 and master send levels, chosen reverb and set the effect up. I have the effect return dialed up. I am getting nothing.

Duh? Any obvious misses? Thanks.....

Hi. Have you turned the send routing on? i.e. there's a box next to the send level indicator. It will be 'Off' by default so set it to Pre or Post as required. Don't forget both this setting and the send level need to be set for each input or track you want, so press Select for each one before adjusting the controls.

Well. I've once again figured it out after posting. The act of posting a question must be mind opening. The issue was that the reverb effect settings were too low. Once I put my voice through the snare mic, cranked the settings up and got the return up to the higher levels, there it was. Im not used to having to dial things up so much.

Reactions: Phil Tipping
Thanks Phil. I had that piece right. I find it interesting to have pre/post concepts on inputs. Assuming it applies pre trim post trim. For me it would always be post on inputs.

With a send effect it makes sense to have pre or post - not pre or post input trim, but pre or post fader. This way in 'pre' your send level is independent from the fader level.

It is pre/post 'fader' for inputs, not pre/post trim. The control is only available via the mixer screen - it's called 'level' on the block diagram and you can see how it mirrors the physical fader in the track path.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.