Yo, new guy new to recording here

billythepilgrim

Gear owned
TASCAM US-16x08
How's it going? My name's Ryan, and I'm from Oklahoma. I've come to the forums for some help with my interface, but hopefully I'll stay for other reasons!

Welcome and hope you get the help you're looking for!

Welcome! I just joined yesterday due to the purchase of a uh-7000. So I am new here as well. What interface do you have? Any issues, or smooth sailing so far?

I have a US-16x08. It has worked flawlessly with my buddy's Mac, but I've been having problems using it with my PC (I'm using Windows 7). I've downloaded all of the latest drivers and done everything I was supposed to do, but for whatever reason none of the DAW software I've tried (Studio One Prime, Reaper, Audacity) will read my inputs as eight separate tracks. My only option in any of those programs is to record one stereo track with L+R or two mono tracks, one L one R. I don't know what to do at this point but call customer support.

Anyone else have similar problems?

Well...I'm not familiar with that interface, but I am familiar with StudioOne.

Not sure if this will help you, but check out this video
and, more specifically, check it out at around 6min and he starts to talk about configuring the different inputs / outputs on your audio device...and see if anything in there gets you heded in the right direction.

Thanks for the video. Unfortunately it wasn't much help. When I set up a mono track in Studio One, it only lets me choose L or R as the input. It doesn't list eight separate inputs.

Does the interface window (shown in the YouTube icon above) show all of the inputs on your Tascam interface?

If so, then you will need to create multiple mono or stereo tracks and then set each one to record from the proper inputs on your device. Meaning, there is no way to have one track record all 8 or 16 inputs...you need an individual track for each mono input and a stereo track for each pair of mono inputs that you want to record.

Hope I'm not dumbing this down too much. Sorry if you already know all of this and I misunderstood your question.

Yeah, I think you misunderstood. That's exactly what I want to do--assign a different mic to each input. However, the program will only allow me two mono tracks, one left and one right, or one stereo track recording all eight mics into a blob of audio.

If you're running into the same issues in reaper then hopefully someone that is familiar with that interface and drivers can chime in and hopefully help out.

Sorry dude.

Something else, just in case...

I know that the drivers / interface / mixer for my Tascan UH-7000 has two modes. MultiTrack and ...Stereo (or something like that). You might check and see if 1.) Your interface has the same setting and if so that 2.) if setting it to MultiTrack allows it to present all of your channels to your DAW. Just a thought.

How do you switch modes? I know there isn't a switch on the hardware or anything like that.

I don't know if the drivers for your unit are similar at all, but on the UH-7000 you bring up the driver control panel on your PC (actually shown as an icon in the Windows Control Panel) and on the main tab there is a drop-down that has two options. MultiTrack and Stereo (or something like that)...BUT this is a big assumption on my part...I just don't know if there are similarities between the two drivers for these two products, but figured it was worth a try.

Yeah, no dice there either. I appreciate your help though, bud. I just got off the phone with Sweetwater tech support and they couldn't figure it out either.

Greetings all! I'm Frank from Bronxville, NY. I'm a Guitar player composer and recording engineer/producer. I've been recording music since around 1966 and still going strong. I have a Tascam DM3200 console with an IF-FW DMmkII and an analog card in the 2 slots. I find the pre's in the DM a little thin so I use some external mic pres (Avalon, UA, Focu srite, Grace) through the analog card in slot 2. While I record mostly like "computer-as-tape-machine" I also have a full contingent of classic synths as well as most of the necessary software emulations of classic gear.

Since installing the El Capitam GM release my system no longer recognizes my IF-FW dmmkII. The control panel indicates "No device found" Several of my software instruments fail validation during the setup of the initial opening of Logic Pro X v. 10.

@fclum: You probably want to post this question in the forum specifically for the DM-3200 instead of as a reply to a non-related topic in the welcome area. :)

I have a US-16x08. It has worked flawlessly with my buddy's Mac, but I've been having problems using it with my PC (I'm using Windows 7). I've downloaded all of the latest drivers and done everything I was supposed to do, but for whatever reason none of the DAW software I've tried (Studio One Prime, Reaper, Audacity) will read my inputs as eight separate tracks. My only option in any of those programs is to record one stereo track with L+R or two mono tracks, one L one R. I don't know what to do at this point but call customer support.

Anyone else have similar problems?

Did you ever figure this out? I had the same problem using Window 7 and maybe can offer some tips.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.