Yosemite

What driver do you have installed on the Mac? What audio device do you have selected in Audio Midi Setup? Does the IF-FW/DMmkII control panel indicate the card is locked?

*I've tried installing from the orig IF-FW/DM CD-Rom disk ( nothing ) - On the tascam website they just have a Windows driver
* IFFWDM (0000)
* I HAVE THE IF-FW/DM CARD

"I HAVE THE IF-FW/DM CARD....."

I suspect that's your problem.

Unless it's an IF/FW/DMII card (as in Mark II), the Tascam driver (and card) will not work on the newer operating systems.

If so, sell card to a DM24 user, and invest in an IF/FW/DMMKII card. You'll not only have a working firewire interface, but an extra 8 channels as well.

And if I'm wrong, please disregard. :)

CaptDan

Thank you Gravity Jim and CaptDan for your reply's thus far...I'll look into the MarkII card now

Alright Gents,,,, I found a IF-FW/DM mkII card ( I'll put some time into selling my Orig IF-FW/DM card later ) - it arrives tomorrow. Can someone direct me to proper installation & Driver download procedures for my new IF-FW/DM mkII card ???
G.B.U

With Yosemite, you need to run the current beta driver, which is working great for everybody at this point:

Beta drivers are available here:
https://dev.tascam-parc.com/parc_beta/

Username : iffwdm
Password : firefly

Once you're in, just look for the most recent version of the Mac beta driver, and you're good to go.

Is there a Uninstall for IFFWDM drivers - I wouldn't want there to be any conflicts,,,,???

Thank you so much GJ,,,,, if no ones told you lately,,,,, your awesome !!!

G.B.U

Not familiar with Mac, but I'm quite sure there's an uninstall routine for any selected application.

But you're on the right track; current driver versions should be completely removed before loading updated ones.

CaptDan

If Capt recommends it, I'm sure it's a good idea... at the very least it couldn't hurt! But I guess I'm as not as awesome as I think, because I've never done it... I don't even know where they're stored! I've always installed the new drivers "over" the old ones. I assume it does a complete replacement, and the driver is only one file.

Run the IFFW driver package you used to install, once the installer folder is launched, inside there is the driver installer and likely the driver uninstaller in the same folder. Reboot after uninstall. Reboot after new install.

If there is no uninstaller, I would just install the new driver as I expect very little chance of conflicts as the specific driver file names should be different for each.

It could be more a matter of Macs being a bit more awesome in that way.

I'm just accustomed to Windoze machines which can get confused when there are one too many drivers in the boot registry- so I play it safe. :)

CaptDan

Ya, in Windows it tends to try to be too smart and to flexible at the same time. In most cases, it always defaults to use and want to use the most recent dated driver version, but also lets a user choose an earlier rev driver or even allows one to install some other non related driver that may host up the system real good. Sometimes the driver depends on registry keys that need to have different values or entries for each driver revision and the user can make manual changes that can hose up not only the device your trying to get working, but the whole system.

A lot of times for Windows, some product un-installers do not fully delete the driver file(s) as part of the uninstall, and then once Windows sees the device attached again, tries to auto install the wrong driver files or worse yet, goes on a internet hunt looking for them, then installing what it thinks is the correct driver and driver version. Usually not a problem for a camera, mouse or other consumer peripheral, but often wrong for many other things.

Much of this confusion happens as a result of people using unregistered Beta & Unreleased drivers.

Reactions: captdan
Ive seen a couple of people note that the original IF-FW/DM isn't working right recently. It's an audio-class compliant product, so TASCAM doesn't supply a driver, it's always just worked out of the box. Please contact Apple support.

Hello! I know this is a couple months old, but hopefully somebody will be able to answer me.

I have a US-800 and in a couple weeks I'll buy an iMac with Yosemite (currently working on a Macbook Pro with Mountain Lion but I need something beefier to work). I've read on the Tascam website that the US-800 is discontinued, and the last drivers available are for Mavericks, I think.

Do you know if the US-800 is compatible or works with Yosemite?

It's really important for me to know, because well, it's the only interface I have, can't work without it and with the money I'm about to spend/invest in a very necessary new computer I won't have any cash left to spend on a new interface and certainly don't want to because my US-800 works absolutely fine, it's stupid for me that they're discontinuing it when I just bought this a couple years ago and is a fine hardware!!

Thank you for your help!

The US-800 is special, it is USB audio class compliant so no driver is needed for Mac OS X, it should just work. What is listed on the webpage download under the drivers listing is just the "control panel" app, that should still work fine.

New threads

Members online