You Raise Me Up

TalR

From
Michigan, USA
Gear owned
DP32SD
This is obviously a copy tune. All of the melodic instruments were played on an Ensoniq SD-1 while the drums were played on a Roland TD-7 set with a TD-20 brain. I know the vocals are pretty awful but they are what they are. I have a new Tascam DP-32SD but this was recorded on my older Korg D3200. Please dont be offended. ;^)

http://www.ampslam.com/T/1142-tal/1430-tal/3265-you-raise-me-up.html

Thanks for listening,
Tal

Nice recording and mix. Impressive how the SD-1, even though some of it's libraries are somewhat dated. holds up in this recording. Great job and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: TalR
Thank you, cmaffia! Very much appreciated!

I love my SD-1. They are quite dated but the sequencer is the best I have used on a keyboard (not that I have THAT much experience with other ones, mind you). I am in love with Ensoniq equipment. Too bad they went out of business.

Again, thank you for the kind words,
Tal

Was all the SD-1 tracks sequenced? Those KB still go for close to $1K on eBay. Crazy!

The sequencer was used to record with but no quantizing was applied. I recorded each track separately into the D3200 (it has MIDI) adding the vocal and processed/mixed from there.

I just find it much easier and quicker to record to the sequencer. The DP32SD is really going to take some getting used to. It is so much scaled down from the D3200.

Speaking of ... can you move a track forward/backward in time? If I record sequenced tracks into the DP32SD they will most likely not be in sync but if I can move each track forward or backward I can sync them up.

I actually have 2 SD-1 synths. I got my first one when they first came out. So, I bought a newer model off of Ebay for $650. Pristine condition with a road case. I would like to get a new Korg keyboard but I cant afford what I want and at this point I just cant justify it.

Great sound something i can aspire to in the coming month ahead of me , your vox is really good mate , dont put yourself down , when i sing people laugh !! thats why i dont sing !! first class recording in every way

Thank you, Dunny!

Very kind words, indeed! For me, mixing is hit or miss. Sometimes I can hear it and sometime it may take me just walking away for a while. And as for vocals? Sometimes I do "ok" and sometimes it is a train wreck! LOL

I am sure your project will go great! I hope we get to hear some of it!

Reactions: Dunny

New threads

Members online