16x08 USB connection

Sounds Good Pro

Gear owned
16X08, DP32SD, 20X20
My 16x08 interface was purchased new and only very lightly used in my home studio on a Win 10 system. One day it decided to not load up. The System Panel 4.0 does not recognize the interface. I uninstalled the system panel with no luck. Unfortunately, I had a US 1800 interface do something similar years ago on my Win 7 setup. I never could get it going again so I purchased the 16x08. The 16x08 did not last as long, even though it was on a completely different PC.

Question: What troubleshooting steps can I go through to see if this 16x08 interface is still alive or am I beating my head against a brick here? I really love this interface with my DAWS Cakewalk, Studio One, and others.

Steps I’ve tried:
1. Uninstall/Reinstall drivers
2. Different USB 2 slot on PC
3. New USB 2.0 Cable
4. Searched groups and this forum for suggestions

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Bill

You could check your Windows update history and do a rollback to a point in time when you know it was working.

Reactions: Sounds Good Pro
Thank you but unfortunately I let it go on too long and the update history would impact more than just this driver. Ugh!

You can always put it back incrementally. The goal is to find out what broke it.

It's a longshot.. if you're leaving the interface USB connected to your PC when you Uninstall/Reinstall Drivers, try unplugging it before Uninstall and plugging it in after Reinstall.

Thank you. That makes perfect sense and I did try that.

I’m going to try to install the unit to a different PC to see if the unit is dead or not.

Reactions: Eti Lau

New threads

Members online

No members online now.