Peter Batah

Soundaholic
From
Montreal, Canada
Website
www.cafejoya.com
Gear owned
DM4800 / MU1000
Good day everyone. I am using the 2Seemy card with my 4800. As opposed to using a full sized computer monitor I was hoping that I might find something smaller. I am not sure that I want the 2Seemy display sitting atop of my desk. I think that it going to be an eye sore once my monitors and multiple displays have been placed up there. Off to the left of my Argosy desk I have a space that is pretty much useless at the moment. That insert measures 10" in width ans spans from above the arm rest to just below the top shelf. See pics.I was wondering what the rest of you were doing. Any thoughts? Your suggestions / ideas would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I found this on Amazon. Never heard of the manufacturer.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07216T9KG...colid=7XANJ6NUKROW&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Attachments

• 20190203_150220.jpg
    20190203_150220.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 21
  • 20190203_150229.jpg
    20190203_150229.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 19
Hi Peter, I have an 8" little monitor as well for the 2Seemy, called Beetronics 8TS. I also never heard of the brand but it's a great little (overspec'd) monitor. I was purposely looking for 7 or 8 inch as well so if need be I can place it over the DM's display. That's also another way of saying I don't really use it at the moment.

You can see it in action in my studio tour video:
(around 1:05)

@Arjan P Great setup you have there. And, a very nice visual tour of your studio. I see the Beetronics display off to the right of the turntable. Perfect and out of the way. I checked the manufacturers site. These little babies don't come cheap! It's unfortunate that we cannot simply get rid of, or at least disable the DM's onboard display. Especially if it is totally unusable. Thanks for getting back to me. Much appreciated. Peter

I am pretty sure it should be possible to link the 2SeeMy cable directly from the pcb to the vga connector and bypass the internal display.
I am using a full size display to the left of my two main monitors, see pic. I have different monitor speakers btw, Adam A7X.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 22
I checked the manufacturers site. These little babies don't come cheap!
Wow, indeed - just checked it myself. I got mine used for €75, so that was very acceptable..

@Arjan P When I convert their prices from British pound to Canadian dollar the price comes in at a little over $350.00. That's what I paid for the 43" UHD 4K television that I have sitting in my bedroom. Insane. I'll keep looking.

Another example of price gouging. I plan on performing a room analysis in the not too distant future. I came across the miniDSP UMIK-1 USB Measurement Calibrated Microphone.

https://www.amazon.com/d/Multi-Purp...qid=1549291381&sr=8-1&keywords=minidsp+umik-1

$96.89 USD (Amazon USA) - $226.56 CDN (Amazon Canada). Even if I do the currency conversion I get approximately $127.00 CDN. How can they possibly justify such a discrepancy? As Canadians, this is what we encounter so often. Sad really!

@Marvel Thanks for chiming in. Nice setup by the way. One would think that the folks at 2Seemy would have taken that into consideration if such a bypass were feasible. Perhaps, they just wanted to play it safe and not complicate the install anymore than they had to. It gets a little annoying having the defective display come into your peripheral vision every so often. I may simply try to place something over it. A breathable material so that the thing doesn't get too hot!

Wow, indeed - just checked it myself. I got mine used for €75, so that was very acceptable..

Used works for me as well. How bad can it be, right?

@Peter Batah: let me rephrase. I'm not pretty sure, I am CERTAIN that you can bypass the internal display. It has been awhile, so I checked the pictures for the installation on the 2SeeeMy site again just now.
Look at the pictures I included here from the original installation instructions.

First you detach the original cable coming from the DM's gpu going into the lcd (pic 102). You stick this into the 2SeeMy pcb on the left side (112).

NORMALLY you would attach the supplied cable on the other side of the pcb to the lcd (you did this, to keep the signal going to the lcd after installing 2SeeMy). Take it out. :)
See pic 119, I indicated which cable. This is meant to use the original lcd parallel to an external one. Obviously, when broken, you wouldn't want or need that anymore.

Just for clarity: in pic 133 you can see the smaller cable which goes to the vga connector on the back of your DM.

I know I will most certainly open my DM en disconnect the original display once it breaks.

Attachments

• DM4800_Install_102.JPG
    DM4800_Install_102.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 42
  • DM4800_Install_112.JPG
    DM4800_Install_112.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DM4800_Install_119.JPG
    DM4800_Install_119.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 46
  • DM4800_Install_133.JPG
    DM4800_Install_133.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Peter Batah
@Marvel Thanks for going through all the trouble. After reading all the info that you so graciously provided, it looks like I may be opening my DM at some point. If you get to it before I do, please let me know how it worked out for you. Have a good one. Peter

I hope this won't be anytime soon. The display is still working super. :)

Reactions: Peter Batah
Hi Peter, I have an 8" little monitor as well for the 2Seemy, called Beetronics 8TS. I also never heard of the brand but it's a great little (overspec'd) monitor. I was purposely looking for 7 or 8 inch as well so if need be I can place it over the DM's display. That's also another way of saying I don't really use it at the moment.

You can see it in action in my studio tour video:
(around 1:05)

Very nice Arjan - and even more so since I read that you built everything yourself.

Reactions: Arjan P

New threads

Members online

No members online now.