Active studio monitors (~10 watts)...?

Geoffrey Kolbe

Gear owned
DR-40
When recording a performance in the studio, you usually play it back so everyone can either suggest improvements or call it good. I would like to have some small (portable) active monitor speakers - preferably battery powered - which can be used with the DR-40.

Anybody have any suggestions?

If battery powered is important, you might wanna look in the consumer 'travel/portable' type of speakers. Usually sold as 'bluetooth speakers', many of them also have a stereo mini jack input.

Reactions: -mjk-
yeah you won't get active monitors that are battery powered, not that I know of.

As Arjan suggested, one of the bluetooth rechargeable speakers would be the go. I've got a nice JBL one that I use with my laptop and phone. BUT, not all of them have a 3,5mm aux input anymore, my JBL Flip doesn't.

You could buy a small bluetooth transmitter to go from the DR40 to the speaker, around $30 from electronics stores etc.

My Tascam monitors are Bluetooth, and they run off a low voltage wall wort. Making a battery pack for them would be very easy. So, look for a low voltage set of powered monitors that have what you need, and go for it.

New threads

Members online