Advice Please DP 24SD

Stutz

From
England UK
Gear owned
DP24 SD
Hi all. I have decided it is time to open up my 24sd due to dodgy scratchy controls. Any advice please on things to be aware of. I have Deoxit D5 Thanks for any help.

@Stutz -- Pulling it apart enough to get to the controls/pots to spray them with DeoxIt is quite an undertaking. Just be aware of the small screws as you dismantle it as there are some places that a little shim is used around the screws for spacing, etc.

The knobs and sliders will all have to be pulled off in order for the top cover to be able to be separated from the main board.

If possible, I would start with spraying pots and sliders without dismantling first to see if that helps.

Thanks for your reply Tom. I actually started to dismantle it the day after I posted. Got right down to the circuit boards and stopped. I sprayed wherever I could and put it back together (0ne shim left over) Plugged in and working but have not had time yet to record anything, that will be the real test, fingers crossed. I will let you know how that goes. Thanks again Tom

Reactions: Tom Boyles
I was having the same problem. After removing the bottom and sides I was struggling to remove the top. As is did so I realized that after removing the bottom I had access to the input pots and sliders. Save a lot of time and just remove the bottom

Reactions: Logrinn
Thanks for that info John. I will remember that the next time I have to do it. Forgot to mention, Tom Boyles, It all worked fine when I put it all back together, still got some sticky keys though.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online