Anybody using the new Mac OS Catalina?

Everything looks good. For a last sanity check,

ls -ld /Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext
ls -lR /Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext

and

ls -ld /Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext
ls -lR /Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext

I think the only thing that should matter at this point is the status of /Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext/Contents/MacOS/IFFWDMmkII.kext, but might as well match up everything.

You have the same driver version I have, your Mac sees the interface, the only difference at this point seems to be the computer model, your MacBook Pro versus my Mac Pro, but I doubt very much that's the issue.

In my case, as soon as I realized I had to remove the StagedExtensions version completely before reinstalling the kext, it succeeded, so I don't know what else to try. You might want to pursue the question on a hackintosh forum, since those people are always trying to make drivers work. Like I said, I initially got my info from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...an-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-catalina.268964/

Thanks for your reply.

AlexandrsMBP:~ Alex$
ls -ld /Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 96 17 Jun 01:29 /Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext

AlexandrsMBP:~ Alex$ ls -lR /Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext
total 0
drwxr-xr-x@ 5 root wheel 160 17 Jun 01:29 Contents
/Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext/Contents:
total 8

-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 root wheel 2900 17 Jun 01:29 Info.plist
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 96 17 Jun 01:29 MacOS
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 96 17 Jun 01:29 _CodeSignature
/Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext/Contents/MacOS:
total 536

-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 root wheel 271536 17 Jun 01:29 IFFWDMmkII
/Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext/Contents/_CodeSignature:
total 8
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 root wheel 2004 17 Jun 01:29 CodeResources

… and

AlexandrsMBP:~ Alex$ ls -ld /Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 96 17 Jun 01:29 /Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext

AlexandrsMBP:~ Alex$ ls -lR /Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext

total 0

drwxr-xr-x@ 5 root wheel 160 17 Jun 01:29 Contents
/Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext/Contents:

total 8
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 root wheel 2900 17 Jun 01:29 Info.plist
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 96 17 Jun 01:29 MacOS
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 96 17 Jun 01:29 _CodeSignature

/Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext/Contents/MacOS:
total 536
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 root wheel 271536 17 Jun 01:29 IFFWDMmkII
/Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/IFFWDMmkII.kext/Contents/_CodeSignature:

total 8
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 root wheel 2004 17 Jun 01:29 CodeResources

*Macbook name changed ;-)

Sorry, I can't see a thing wrong. I'll let you know if I think of something. Last sanity check, did you verify that you bypassed Gatekeeper successfully before installing? Security & Privacy control panel, General tab, should see the "Anywhere" choice selected under "Allow Apps downloaded from section". You only need that before installing, it can be disabled after.

Otherwise, maybe you can get some help in that forum I suggested, more people doing tricky driver installs.

It's been working great for me, if anything better than on my old Mac and High Sierra and previous. Once in a while with the old system, I'd been to unplug and replug the firewire cable to get it to talk to the mixer, but I haven't seen that on the new system (I might have needed to do it first after installing the kext, though—I know I had to do it once int he beginning).

Hm, I wonder if it would help you to disconnect firewire while removing and re-installing the kext, then re-connect it after rebooting...

Yes, gatekeeper was bypassed. but it didn't work for me. In DM3200 it shows "Status: Driver Offline". Anyway, thank you very much for the tips and instructions!

I’m hoping this makes sense to someone in this thread. Not many Mac users.

I have had years of success running DAW Studio One 3 on a 2008 MacBook Pro running 10.9.5 connected to a DM3200.

Moved some gear, unhooked it all, both computer and card are both fw400, put it all back but now the FW card reads OK and Driver Offline. No Cable comes up when removed from either end. But unfortunately, Locked never comes up.

Any thoughts as to getting the card locked?

Love this board but dislike the confusion it gives me.

Does anyone have the kext file available from Mojave? I initially installed the driver, but then removed kext and reloaded kextcache and it was removed from Extensions folder. The kext file I have was taken from a new driver install on my Mojave macbook pro - so it is a new kext, not the old one. It's showing up in Audio Devices (with sliders that revert to zero) and is recognized as input output, but I'm not getting any audio in or out.

I'll have to look at this tomorrow, but...I applied the waiting September security patch for Catalina, now my DM-3200 firewire interface isn't showing up.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212825

PS—False alarm. Usually un/re-plugging the firewire cable will reset it, but this time the mixer had to be rebooted.

Last edited:
Reactions: litL1 and Csiszi
Thanks for the useful info. Any update on this? What about Monterey?

Reactions: Csiszi
hello, I want to pass. e catalina, but I do not see any exact explanation of what I should do if someone helps me I had a thank you dog

Ho seguito anch'io i passaggi per la nstallazione del kext, per farlo vedere a Monterey. In prima battuta lo vede, al riavvio del computer sparisce. Suggerimenti? Grazie

New threads

Members online