Anyone interested in VST control of their DM4800?

Rockum

Veteran
From
Nashville, TN
Gear owned
DM4800, iffw
I've just finished a plugin/app that will give your DAW basic control of the DM4800.

It comes in both a 2 row and 3 row version and will eventually be compiled for Windows 64/32 and Mac 64 bit. Right now it only exist as a VST2 and app for Windows 64 bit. The three row version is closely follows the layout of Tascam's Mixer companion.

3Rows.png

As you can see in the next picture, it gives your DAW control over the 64 channel, buss, aux, and master faders and mutes as well as the pans for the 64 channels. It also allows you to select your effects. The main benefit is being able to easily use your DAW to record and automate fader movements. The built in automation is great, but this is another option for those that prefer it. No SMPTE needed.

Daw.png

If you are interested in beta testing it, please let me know.

VERY VERY COOL, ROCKUM!!! Well done!

Reactions: Rockum
@Rockum That's amazing Rock. Great to see that someone is still interested in keeping the vision alive. I would be more than happy to give the app a road test. Have a great weekend. Peter

@Rockum Well, I use both on occasion. So, if it's not too much trouble I can install to both OS's Whatever is convenient for you. Don't want to put you out. I can provide an email address unless you plan on posting the file(s) on a hosting platform. Thank you

Wow, very impressive! And great that you share your work overhere.

Personally I don't have a need for such an app - and I have a 3200 anyway - but it sure looks great! Kudos!

@Peter Batah , want me to just send it via Facebook? If Facebook doesn't do files you can just send me the email address.

@Arjan P Can you use the Tascam Mixer Companion software to send me screenshots of the 3200's MIDI screens that correspond with these from the 4800? I would need them to be set to the default configurations. If you can I can get you a version for the 3200.

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

7.PNG

Sure @Rockum I'll make some screenshots once I'm back in the studio later this week. Not sure if they're in the default configuration, but I think so - I certainly never been on these pages before ;-)

Wow! You have put a lot of work in to this.
Looks like what Tascam might have done if they'd kept supporting the 4800.
I'd be happy to test it on a Mac.
Thanks!

Okay @Rockum here are the screenshots, I hope they make sense to you..

DM3200 MIDI-1.png
DM3200 MIDI-2.png
DM3200 MIDI-3.png
DM3200 MIDI-4.png
DM3200 MIDI-5.png
DM3200 MIDI-6.png

@Arjan P

Setup for the 32 will be simple. Nothing in those settings needs to be changed. You will only need to additionally...

Set each item in the Fader's third column to 16
Set each item in the Pan's third column to 17
Set each item in the Mute's third column to 18

You will have to make sure the MIDI in and out ports you chose have program changes and control changes activated.

God willing, I will make you a version for 32 next week, but the 4800 version should already work fine. It will just have extra unused controls for the channels not on the 3200. Send me an email and I will send you the 4800 version this weekend.

Okay, I take it you mean the columns for those items under TARGET (screenshots 2-3-4), not MASTER, right? Ànd about the MIDI settings for CC and PC, I got this older screenshot - maybe you can take a look and see what's OK or wrong in this screen (Not sure which MIDI channels you use). BTW, thanks so far!

MIDI Setup DM.png

@Arjan

> I take it you mean the columns for those items under TARGET (screenshots 2-3-4)
Yes.

I don't know how you have MIDI connected to your DM. If you are using the MIDI in and out ports on the back of the unit, add the two check marks I show in green here. If you are using the USB connection to the DM, use USB Port 4, add the two blue check marks and lower the little drawbridge link in the blue box to establish the flow.

midisettings.png

Thanks, @Rockum, I'm using the USB connection only so I'll give those a try. Will be a while before I can check but I'll come back on it.

New threads

Members online