Back to where is was, still stuck at booting from CD

Marcus Schulte

Gear owned
SX-1 le
Alright, so I did a more serious cleaning of pins and contacts and re-seated everything again and I am posting once again, yay!. I am back to where I was before though sadly as far as "Booting From CD..." I have changed the hard drive to a NOS one that is 40gb and closer to the original spec of the drive that came with it. The guy i got it from gave me a burned CD with the newest OS which I tried, and I just attempted a freshly burned version from the OS burned from a file given to me here (although I am not sure it burned correctly, came out to 2mb or so). If anyone has any tips or thought's whatsoever please let me know!

reading through old posts it looks like there is a specific burner program needed to burn the OS, I have no way of getting it since the dev.tascam-parc.com site is no longer functional, If someone has it I would be immensely appreciateive

Hello.... the problem is, that the OS-CDs cannot be burned with a single ISO-File. there are like 2 partitions on the CD . one is a small one readable normal with you pc and a bigger one, that contains the BEOS boot partition.....
reading your username ... are you from Germany ???. I have all the stuff here for the SX1 . OS Cds Tons of Documentation..... so I can send you a copy ......

Greetings Axel

Sorry no, I love in the USA, Ohio specifically. I did some looking around and found beOS is partially living on as Haiku. I joined their irc chat and got some help from them and they helped me get it to actually boot from the CD which was amazing, problem is that as soon as I try to install it to the hard drive I get a "unable to partition drive" error, sadly I tried some different drives and the same issue, was going to test the voltage coming from the power supply to see if it was okay but I had to get some sleep before I left to run sound for a music festival which I just returned home from. If you have any thoughts about the error let me know

Hi There.....
Cause the heart of the sx is a normal Gigabyte mainboard, try to check the pchardware inside the sx with a downloaded pc test-cd

Greets Axel

Hello.... the problem is, that the OS-CDs cannot be burned with a single ISO-File. there are like 2 partitions on the CD . one is a small one readable normal with you pc and a bigger one, that contains the BEOS boot partition.....
reading your username ... are you from Germany ???. I have all the stuff here for the SX1 . OS Cds Tons of Documentation..... so I can send you a copy ......

Greetings Axel

Hi Axel hope all is well. I just recently got an SX1 and i really need the OS Cd. Is there anyway we can make that happen?

Sorry no, I love in the USA, Ohio specifically. I did some looking around and found beOS is partially living on as Haiku. I joined their irc chat and got some help from them and they helped me get it to actually boot from the CD which was amazing, problem is that as soon as I try to install it to the hard drive I get a "unable to partition drive" error, sadly I tried some different drives and the same issue, was going to test the voltage coming from the power supply to see if it was okay but I had to get some sleep before I left to run sound for a music festival which I just returned home from. If you have any thoughts about the error let me know

Hi Marcus I hope all is well. i also own SX1 which i absolutley love!! but im having problems booting up and i need the boot disc. Is there any way i can get a copy?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.