Bar/beat display & looping

Stew71

From
UK
Gear owned
DP-24, DR-07, Model 12
Hi all

I just bought a DP24 and so far am very pleased with it. Easy interface, limited effects (but I knew that), simple to work with a computer, MIDI sync works well.

However I'm a bit frustrated with elements of track editing using Bar display. On my ancient Akai DPS12 (still functioning but noisy!), Bar display breaks down to Bar+Beat+Clicks, making it easy to zoom right in to the end of a bar in jog play mode. The DP24 doesn't do this, and in fact doesn't even show In/Out points as anything other than Absolute time so far as I can see.

All this means that having dropped a 2-bar loop onto a track, I can't set the out/now points precisely enough to copy and paste several times before it drifts from the internal metronome (which renders the MIDI sync fairly useless).

Obviously I can work around, by (a) recording a whole track rather than a few bars and/or (b) doing the heavy lifting in Ableton or whatever and then exporting to the DP24, but if there's a way to do this natively I'm missing, I'd love to know.

And in similar news - is there a way to seamlessly Repeat an In/Out loop section? My experiments to date have not found a way to avoid a short delay at the loop point. Would be nice to say loop a section, and capture live drums in different takes which could then be auditioned across tracks. Bit tricky if the loop isn't looping properly though!

I'm resigned to the possibility that these may well be endearing quirks requiring a sigh and a workaround (or a firmware update, but I guess that's not happening at this stage). But you never know...

Cheers

Stew

When setting the metronome, you can enable BAR, which will then display/navigate the beats instead of the time.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.