Basic recording

Sam Kirby

Gear owned
DP 006
Can anyone help me? I just bought this unit(DP 006) and i'm terrible at recording. I was trying to get the DVD because the printed instructions have me a little confused. I'm trying to record myself singing and playing based on the info on page 19 and then on pg 20 where it shows how to listen to it. apparently it didn't capture the recording i guess. I'm thinking i maybe didn't have the input source correct?

Last edited:
With the Input Setting and Assign buttons located near the top left of the Tascam, ensure that your guitar input is routed to Input A, and one of your external mikes is set up to route its signal to Input B. Then press the record buttons corresponding to Track 1 and Track 2, at which point they will both commence to flash their red LED indicator lights intermittently, confirming that those two tracks are armed to record.

Finally, press and hold the record button located at the lower right of the Tascam, whilst also momentarily depressing the play button located right beside the record button, to initiate recording, whose status will be confirmed by the red indicator lights corresponding to Track A and Track B, both illuminating continuously while you jam. If the two red lights are still flashing at this point, the unit is not yet in record mode, and you may need to repeat the step of pressing the record and play button together a second time.

Thanks man, i got it. Just one little stupid thing i wasn't doing. I'm getting some pretty good recordings now.

New threads

Members online