Big issues with 488mkii

Theegrinch

Gear owned
Tascam portastudio 488mki
Hello there, i'm begging for your help now as i never found help anywhere else.

My problem seems rare as i never found a thread anywhere about similar problems as mine. I posted a video on youtube to show you my issue :

I was recording on my 488mkii and when i hit '' rew '' or '' rtz '', don't remember, i heard a sound like on the video and the tape was stuck and all three buttons were flashing. Can't do anything now but cry...

If someone in there can help me I would be recognizing till i'm dead. This happened last summer when i was recording to release a little cassette tape on a label. And here i am with no release yet and no way to record my songs properly.

I'm sorry if my english is not clear. I'm no english speaking native. I try to do my best.

Thank you !

Fabio

When LED's flash like that then that is telling you the processor can no longer control the mechanism and most likely due to hardened grease the Gear C has been cracked. The mechanism needs service and that is all that there is to it. Hope you are near Chicago or New Jersey otherwise you will have to work on it yourself. I am the one having the gears made and they are selling world wide- there are not hundreds of them but only a few at a time.

Reactions: bgencarelle
Hello i opened it up and you were 100% right. I ordered the gear and received it but I don't know how to replace it. I can only remove the bigger gear. I don't know what to do with the others. I'm French sorry for my english

New threads

Members online