Bouncing Tracks

Xi.Ro.Sigma

Gear owned
244 - dp 24
Hello to all readers again!

I have a question about bouncing tracks.

This is my example:

I have finished a song with two sepaerate artist singing and i have only two free chanells left.

So i thought if i where to bounce the kik - snare - hihat, channel all to one chanel i would free three chanels.

Ok, SO this is the juice of my question... I HAVE DIFFERENT EQ'S FOR THE "HIHATS-KICK-SNARE" WHEN I BOUNCE THOSE THREE TRACKS TO ONE WILL IT KEEP THE EQ SETTINGS I HAD ON PREVIOUSLY SET THEM UP WITH????

I hope that I make sence through my message and somebody could clear out my question.

TO ALL SOUND CLASHERS
Regards

Χί Ρό Σίγμα

Yes. When you are bouncing tracks, the tracks are playing while they are being recorded to the new track(s) and all the settings are being recorded as well. You can move faders as well and those real-time changes will be recorded as well to the new track(s).

You have to be careful when bouncing to one track (mono). Since there will be no left/right imaging (not stereo), any track you are bouncing that currently is panned to one side or the other will just have a lower volume in the track it is bounced to.
If your intention is to bounce several mono tracks to one mono track, then first pan all the source tracks back to the center and then balance them to each other using the faders. EQ and effects applied will be bounced as well to the new mono track, although any stereo-sounding reverb will not sound stereo anymore. The reverb will still be there but it will sound mono.

Do some experiments and you will get the hang of it quickly. As an experiment, just bounce one mono track to another mono track. Add effects and/or EQ to the track you are bouncing from and watch the signal on the track you are bouncing to (you will need to have the fader up on that track as well as the source track). Move the fader of the source track up and down and watch the signal of the destination track. You will see it move up and down as well.

Hope this all makes sense and helps.

Reactions: Tom Graves
I recently discovered that bouncing tracks will also print send effects such as reverb at the same time, something my old Roland VS-880 would not do. I am pleasantly surprised. So by bouncing, you can use multiple send effects on different bounces, which I don't think you can do on mixdown. Or can you? Anybody know?

If you are mixing down to an outside source (your DAW or a different recorder of some type), it should work the same as bouncing tracks. There is still the limit of just two send effects other than the effects you inserted or tracked with.
I think of the Tascam DP machines as excellent tracking machines but would rather transfer the track-files to a DAW for mixdown. Then you won't be limited.
Exporting the tracks to the Audio Depot folder consolidates all the overdubs you've done (plus keeps any inserted effects but not send effects). You then drag those files into your DAW for mixing.

I believe that if you mix down inside the machine (creating a master file) it will behave just like bouncing. So you could add an external effect.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.