Can I use Addictive Drums With Alesis Sample Pad to record into the DP-32?

James DeWolf

Gear owned
Dp32
Sorry if this has been posted someplace before but I couldn't find it. I am using the DP32 and I would love to record using Addictive Drums 2 into the DP32 or out of the laptop into the DP32 via an interface if possible? Is there ANY way to do this? I love the drum sounds and I am kind of married to using the DP32 for the project I am working on. I know absolutely nothing about DAW recording and it intimidates me, but I would love to be able to record the sounds from Addictive Drums 2 into the DP32 via the Sample Pad if possible. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have been running around in circles for days with this. I don't know if there is an interface I would need to buy or if it is even possible in any way. Thanks again.

Of course it's possible. You can record any audio signal you like on the DP-32. The DP-32 does not have a USB interface, so you have to get the audio out of the computer somehow. If you only want to record a stereo mix of the drums, then a simple 2 channel USB interface will do the job.

I looked up the sample pad and found this:

Connect the SamplePad to an amplifier, PA or recording system using its standard dual 1/4-inch outputs

So, there it is. Use the 1/4" outputs to the DP-32.

Please read this thread (notice the index):

https://www.tascamforums.com/threads/dp24-32-equipment-related-tips.5817/

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I can get the Sample Pad into the DP32, but I am trying to get the Addictive Drums 2 software sounds into the DP32. As far as I can tell I am only able to get those sounds to register into the computer, not into the pad and then out if that makes sense. So, I either need to find a way to get the AD2 software to route into the Sample Pad and then I can run that out of the Pad into the DP 32 or I would need to run the Pad into the laptop and then the laptop into the DP32 via an interface. So, to be more clear, when I have the Sample Pad hooked up via the USB cord to the laptop and AD2 I can hear the AD2 sounds through my laptop when I hit the pads, but not through the headphones which are plugged into the Pad. Therefore, if I just run it that way straight out of the pad I will just end up recording the default Pad sounds instead of the AD2 sounds. I apologize if I am missing something obvious here. I am certainly no expert when it comes to music production! I just want the AD2 sounds to go into my SamplePad and then to record THOSE sounds into the DP32.

Like mjk says: The Tascam can record any sound. It doesn't know, or care, what sound it is. But it has to be an analog signal going into one of the inputs. You can not "get software into" the unit.

I dont know if you have the possibility to record your drum track on your computer. But if so you could record them to a .wav file and import to the tascam. But on the other hand, if you can do that on the computer I don't see a big point in using the Tascam at all. Unless you want to record acoustic and/or analog instruments afterwards. If everything is digital, you might as well stay in the computer.

Last edited:
The part about getting the audio from the PC to the Alesis is beyond the scope of the Portastudio Forum. Other than the generic suggestion of a USB interface, if there was (as @Saxomohawh suggested) a way to export the tracks as .wav files, they could be imported to the DP-32. These days there are a ton of inexpensive, clean USB audio interfaces.

I have drum loops on CD. I want to assemble the parts on the DP 32.

I don't want to use a computer.

What are my options on the DP 32?

I have drum loops on CD. I want to assemble the parts on the DP 32.

I don't want to use a computer.

What are my options on the DP 32?

Record them on the DP-32SD and edit as necessary. The sticky posts/videos/threads on the forum show what's possible.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.