Cant open imported files

itamar1

Gear owned
model 16
hi.

I put my model 16 on storage mode and transfered a 44.1 / 24 wave file into the music folder like it says in the manual
when i tried to import the file i get 'file error'

what could it be?

another problem is when i try to play the track through the daw it sounds distorted(as in slowmo) as if its playing on a different sampling freq. although ive checked a few times that im on the right sample freq/bit rate

The Tascam mixers uses the .bwf type of wav-files. It should be able to read an ordinary .wav-file, but there also exist RF64 versions of .wav-files that can be larger than 4gb and I don’t think such a file could be read by the mixer.
So you might need to check first what type of file you’re trying to import:
an ordinary .wav-file,
a .bwf-file or
a RF64-file.

You could try to open your file in a wave editing program to find out what it is and also try to convert the file if need be.

the problem seems to be the converter i used
i downloaded another one from a link i found in the forums and it works perfectly!
thanks!

btw - this product is a dream come true im enjoying it so much!

I have another problem
when i connect the usb cable my computer either doesnt recognise the model 16 or doesnt work right
i think it might be the quality or length of the cable.(about 3 meters)
i will buy a new cable and try tomorrow.
is there a recommended length(if so you should put it on the manual)

thanks again

@itamar1 With a different problem it's best to start a new topic, so people with the same issue can also find it and be helped by the possible solutions.

Also, when you say 'my computer', please add what that computer + OS is - it's very relevant.

New threads

Members online