Celesonic clock malfunctioning?

Manbread

Gear owned
Tascam Celesonic US-20x20
Hello,

I have the Celesonic 20x20, have had it for a year now with no issues. Lately, when I do overdub recordings, the tracks will be farther and farther behind the more I do, until I shut down my DAW and restart the Tascam. The start time of the recording will look correct, but the actual audio will be later than it should. This means I have to nudge them back into place, very annoying and hard to get accurate since all the tracks will be off in different amounts. This happens in both Reaper and Cakewalk, so it's not a DAW issue unless their is a setting I'm missing. This is on a Windows 10 PC.

I did the test used in this article https://reaperblog.net/2018/11/rec_latency_offset/

Interestingly, when I do the ping test using ReaInsert, the Additional Delay Compensation samples will start low (60ish) and then if I keep pinging they will increase by 20-25 samples every few seconds and will continue to do so until I change a setting in the Reaper preferences having to do with the Audio Device. So, If I changed the sample rate from 44.1k to 48k, or the buffer size, or even some of the check mark boxes (seems like anything that causes the Celesonic to reset) the ping number will be low again and then continually increase until I change another setting.

I've tried every sample rate/buffer size and even used the Behringer ADA8200 plugged into it as the master clock, and it still increase by 20-25 samples every few seconds.

I feel like I've changed every setting possible to no avail, but maybe I'm missing something. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Harrylsiv

New threads

Members online

No members online now.