CF Flash card help!

Tomas Nesborg

Gear owned
Tascam DM 3200
hi everybody

where can I buy me a new flash card for my DM 3200 ? I believe its called CF card ?

can I buy it online? or in a computer store ?
does it have to be a Tascam card ? or can any card do the job ?

in advance, thanks :)

Tomas

There must be older posts about this, but if you can, get a small size CF-card. IIRC, the larger ones give problems. Look for sizes like 128 or 256 MB or less.

Reactions: Tomas Nesborg
There has been discussion about this in this forum. IIRC 256MB already started giving problems, but you'd have to do a search (top right side of forum). Use Site Results (tab) and not Google Results.

FYI, I have been using the 16MB CF-card that came with the mixer and still do. It maybe came out twice in the last eleven years. I make regular project backups in TMC so there is no need to mess with it.

Interesting aspect, about the size at which CF cards get flaky.
I think it has EVERYTHING to do with 1) the make & quality of the card and 2) the specific equipment you're using it in.
Speaking for myself: I've always liked the orderly manner in which smaller cards (16, maybe 32MB) allow you to keep projects organized/separate...on the other hand, I have a vintage DigiTech GNX4 (guitar multi-FX and 8-track recorder in one) that uses CF storage - and I have a 2GB CF card in it, and it works spectacularly! Go figure...

New threads

Members online

No members online now.