Computer Programmed Drums on DP-32SD

Sully-J

Gear owned
None
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and a new home recording hobbyist. I have been looking at the DP-32SD and am curious how I can program a drum track on my computer and then move it to the DP-32SD. Does anyone have any ideas or wisdom to share? Thanks in advance!

Hello Sully-j,

Here's how you would do that, first off any tracks that are recorded outside of the DP-32SD, no matter what bar you start on you still want to fill the gap from the zero point, what I mean is this, for example if you started recording on bar 20 up to bar 50, you would still need to add 19 bars of silence to the beginning of the track, because on the DP-32SD everything starts at the zero point, this way you will always be lined up correctly, just make sure your tempo is the tempo you recorded the drums at, now once you create your drum track, again make sure the entire track starts at the zero point even if the actual drums themselves don't come in until later you still have recorded or created silence from the zero point, now export that track stereo or mono outside your DAW and name it something simple, like "Drms" if they're stereo, put this track in your DP-32SD's "Audio Depot" folder, first make sure to connect the DP-32SD's USB connector to you computer, it will then show the contents of the SDHC card on the DP, and "Audio Depot" will be a folder on the card, next disconnect the DP-32SD's USB connector, and on the DP make sure you have an available stereo track ready, you should be able to transfer your "Drms" track to any available stereo track on the DP-32SD......simple, hope this helps.

Jimi Jones

Last edited:
Jimi- Thanks man. I appreciate the help. I've got some learnin' to do!

Members online