2488 Copy Paste Ins and Outs Help Needed

Mehsen Yah

Gear owned
Tascam 2488 neo
I'm really hoping that someone can help me with these functions as I just can't seem to figure it out correctly...

So what I'm wanting to do is basically copy one track to another track at say a different time than the original track meaning:

So I have my initial drum track which is say 40 seconds on track 1. I would like to move that to track 2 but not have it start until 41 seconds of track 2which would make the entire track now 1 minute 20 seconds.

How can I move track 1 to track 2 starting at 41 seconds. Is there a looper possibility also with the 2488...

Any help would be appreciated

How that gets done is typically specific to the type of multitrack mixer/recording system in use. Since you have a 2488 you might want to try posting your questions in the 2488 forum. Recording 101 is meant for generic issues not limited to specific TASCAM models.;)

In general a copy/paste edit involves selecting the track with the content, setting the start and end points for the segment being copied, selecting the target track, setting the insertion point, then doing the copy/paste edit.

Last edited:
I thank you for your response. I will definitely try to implement your assistance regarding my current challenges. Once I can figure this out it will save me a bit of time making a song and as we all know "Time Is Precious".

Thank you Mark Richards

Hope this reply is acceptable, since it's a specific response to the OP whose query was specific and not general. Apologies if not.

To the OP: If I understand, you have a TASCAM 2488 and want to cut and paste a drum track from Track 1 to Track 2. I think the T1 section begins at 40 seconds (rather than runs from 0-40 seconds). The following is the way to go:

At 40 seconds, set your In point. Go to the end of T1 (or wherever the drum track ends) and set your Out point.

Now move to 41 seconds and set your To point.

THen select edit track. Assuming you want to overwrite whatever is on T2, choose Copy+Paste. This will leave the original drum track on T1. If you want to remove it from T1 choose Cut.

Enter Yes to complete the edit. This will remove the drum track from T1 (starting at 40 seconds) to T2 starting at 41 seconds.

If you want to know how to select the very precise start times, you need to select T1 and press Stop+Play at the same time. This will show you a wave pattern of the sound track and you can use the control wheel to move to the precise start point of the drum track. The same goes for setting the To point. Select T2 and press Stop+Play then find the precise point (is it exactly 0m:41s:0f?

Hope thes makes sense.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.