Copy Paste Ins and Outs Help Needed

Discussion in 'Recording 101' started by Mehsen Yah, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Mehsen Yah

Mehsen Yah New Member

Gear:
    Tascam 2488 neo
    I'm really hoping that someone can help me with these functions as I just can't seem to figure it out correctly...

So what I'm wanting to do is basically copy one track to another track at say a different time than the original track meaning:

So I have my initial drum track which is say 40 seconds on track 1. I would like to move that to track 2 but not have it start until 41 seconds of track 2which would make the entire track now 1 minute 20 seconds.

How can I move track 1 to track 2 starting at 41 seconds. Is there a looper possibility also with the 2488...

Any help would be appreciated
  2. Mark Richards

Mark Richards Well-Known Member

Southern USA
    Gear:
    DP-24, vintage 40-4
    How that gets done is typically specific to the type of multitrack mixer/recording system in use. Since you have a 2488 you might want to try posting your questions in the 2488 forum. Recording 101 is meant for generic issues not limited to specific TASCAM models.;)

In general a copy/paste edit involves selecting the track with the content, setting the start and end points for the segment being copied, selecting the target track, setting the insertion point, then doing the copy/paste edit.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Mehsen Yah and -mjk- like this.
  3. Mehsen Yah

Mehsen Yah New Member

Gear:
    Tascam 2488 neo
    I thank you for your response. I will definitely try to implement your assistance regarding my current challenges. Once I can figure this out it will save me a bit of time making a song and as we all know "Time Is Precious".

Thank you Mark Richards
    -mjk- and Mark Richards like this.